PDA

View Full Version : "10 meg" BB slower than 4meg...

Tristan
26-03-2007, 00:03
I've (finally) got a new modem from NTL and have been able to switch to the 10meg service I've been paying for for the past month.

Now, I want to change back.

With 4meg broadband (though an STB), I always had around 440KB/s. It was rock solid. However, since "upgrading" to 10 meg, I haven't managed to hit this speed at all -- most of the time I get around 350K.

All my experiences of cable broadband up until now have been very good -- maximum speed and low ping times. This is, to say the least, putting a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, I was wondering whether somebody could tell me:

1) Why is this happening?
2) When am I going to get what I paid for?
3) Given that I don't seem to be the only person to whom this is happening, can anybody really take their promise of a 20meg connection seriously?

Paul H
26-03-2007, 00:11
3) Given that I don't seem to be the only person to whom this is happening, can anybody really take their promise of a 20meg connection seriously?

No. but as long as the number 20 is bigger than SKY's 16 then it doesn't matter much :)

pugs
26-03-2007, 19:57
No. but as long as the number 20 is bigger than SKY's 16 then it doesn't matter much :)

Never has a truer word been spoken.

Last May i had an excellent 2meg service but then Telewest doubled it to 4meg which reduced my daytime download speed to less than 1meg, so then they put me on the 10meg service in way of compensation, but i think they must have done the same to everyone on that server because now my daytime download speed averages around 150 to 300kbps

I just cant wait till they roll out the 20meg.............not. :(