PDA

View Full Version : Webmail

Llamehtdos
23-03-2007, 11:49
As a guy who's work carries me all around the world, I often use Webmail.

No.1
I have been using my 02 phone plugged into my laptop for a few weeks and to control costs (02 being the robbers that they are!) did the usual things like blocking pictures etc.

Now to get to my point. I used to go to a plain log in page that i cannot seem to access or find anymore. Instead i have to wait considerable time waiting for Virgin adverts etc. Nice for them to make money on the site but its costing me the earth.

I have taken drastic action after the last 02 bill and given up arguing with them. I now own a Vodafone USB modem with unlimited access. Next week the phone also goes Vodaphone, so 02 lose out big time. (They did not like it when requested for a PAC code so i could keep my old number!)

No. 2 Being a tight git, whenever I left on my travels (Normally 2-3 months) I used to visit the NTL site and rack back my speeds to the lowest cost (the wife only checks emails!). This option also seems to have disappeared.

Just wondering if any of you tech guys can save me some beer money.

cybernetic_tiger
23-03-2007, 18:20
webmail.ntlworld.com is still available and has no pictures.

As for the changing of speeds, I think you can only ugrade online from an NTL connection at the link below:

https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi/cabletier

Hope this helps,

Llamehtdos
23-03-2007, 22:08
Ta for the reply Cyber, ( the only one which is unusual going by my last questions!)

I can understand why NTL removed the option to downgrade the speeds (£'s) even if I think its bang out of order but if you have a link for the Webmail could you please post it and then I can afford a few more whiskys each night even if Brown wants to tax me more on i!

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Bigger me! Just tried the Webmail link and it worked. Huge Karma points mate and if we ever cross i will buy mucho beer saved from 02!

Thats why i love this forum! Once agin , TA! My wife will fall at your feet and stop bitching about 02!