PDA

View Full Version : What's this error code mean?

Hitcher
22-03-2007, 05:16
For the last week now my internet will be fine one minute then the next it's totally gone. All the correct lights are still on but I have no connection what so ever.

This is the code that I get from the modem -

82000500 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...

Trouble is it always happens outside the help centre hours.

Paul K
22-03-2007, 06:14
They should still be able to see that the connection is dropping, if not just tell them the code. Are your signal levels ok?

Hitcher
22-03-2007, 12:11
Just spoke to someone and told them the error above, they said it's my router losing signal with the PC and I'll need to re-install the set-up CD.

Seems strange to me.

Stuart
22-03-2007, 12:12
I'd be surprised if problems between your router and PC could cause problems with the Cable Modem..

buckleb
22-03-2007, 15:06
3-Critical 0x04E33A74 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

I wouldn't be surprised if this error message wasn't on just about everyone's modem log. It's always been on mine and is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Regards

tweetiepooh
22-03-2007, 16:03
Just spoke to someone and told them the error above, they said it's my router losing signal with the PC and I'll need to re-install the set-up CD.

Seems strange to me.

Don't think so though I'm not a SACM expert. Really don't need the CD anyway bar a shiny beer mat. You are using ethernet aren't you?

Hitcher
22-03-2007, 17:04
Yes.

janipewter
22-03-2007, 19:21

Seems strange to me.

ROFL. The person you spoke to has absolutely no idea what he/she is talking about, and needs to be sacked.

3-Critical 0x04E33A74 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-outI wouldn't be surprised if this error message wasn't on just about everyone's modem log. It's always been on mine and is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Regards

Agreed - I've had it in my modem logs for as long as I can remember, and I don't believe it has ever affected my connection.

Marge
22-03-2007, 19:46
From what I can gather it seems to be your CM trying to send a message to the Mother Ship but Mother Ship hasn't replied