PDA

View Full Version : How to turn off sms calls

Woolly One
20-03-2007, 15:34
Hi,
Can anyone help please? Am getting bugged by BT's sms store on our landline. for new mobiles etc. the last one said that I could turn them off by going to www.sixtext.com and delete our phone No.

As far as I can see the site is all about sending free texts and displaying annoying pop-ups!

Any help please T:disturbd:

v0id
20-03-2007, 16:12
register with the TPS (http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/)?

virginmedia
20-03-2007, 16:17
Its a BT service TPS wont stop it.

Call VM and ask.

Rapid Dr3am
20-03-2007, 16:53
You need to phone BT. I've got the number on my desktop at work. Couldn't tell you it of hand though. Google it?

Woolly One
20-03-2007, 17:11
You need to phone BT. I've got the number on my desktop at work. Couldn't tell you it of hand though. Google it?

Cheers - but ideas on a search?:dunce:

Sorry still new to this:D

Chris W
20-03-2007, 21:49
Why not just phone up the numpty that is sending text messages to your landline and tell them to stop it?

inquisitor
21-03-2007, 02:46
Why not just phone up the numpty that is sending text messages to your landline and tell them to stop it?
He can't - Wooly One's getting spam SMSses (from the sixtext people amongst others) sent to his landline number, and the autoreader service is dumbly reading it out to him as it does any text, spam or no. Spammers never take no for an answer.

TPS registration might help at least curb the spam texts, but the best way is to call customer support at the phone provider in question (whether VM or BT or whoever it is provides your phone line) and ask about ways to stop SMS-to-voice service completely.

Woolly One
21-03-2007, 12:02
He can't - Wooly One's getting spam SMSses (from the sixtext people amongst others) sent to his landline number, and the autoreader service is dumbly reading it out to him as it does any text, spam or no. Spammers never take no for an answer.

TPS registration might help at least curb the spam texts, but the best way is to call customer support at the phone provider in question (whether VM or BT or whoever it is provides your phone line) and ask about ways to stop SMS-to-voice service completely.

Thanks for that - will try giving vm a call.

Woolly one:)

crazyken1957
27-11-2008, 15:36
Hi Guys

I'm a bit late to this thread, however having "Googled" this text spam problem and arrived here I thought I'd add a little more information for any other person who is suffering the same problem.

Forget www.sixtext.com it's a waste of time - however the BT telephone number to switch texts on and off is : 0800 587 5252.

I believe this "Text Spam" will get far worse in the near future and suggest that BT get their act together by implementing some sort of filter system.
Once they do other operators will follow.

Just my opinion.

www.crazykennys.com

BenMcr
27-11-2008, 19:43
Help on Text Messaging on Virgin landlines here http://www.virginmedia.com/help/telephone/virgin-media-text.php