PDA

View Full Version : some advise please

Bex
19-03-2007, 18:58
Ok, I need some advise. Basically a friend of mine was being sexually harrashed at work via email. She reported to to her manager, HR got involved, and it was noted on his file. He was told he wasn't allowed to communicate with her in anyway, etc etc.

Anyway, I hear from another friend that this guy has set up a website about her. It basically tells his side of the story but also saids rude, inflammatory things about her, that she ellegedly said to her. He has also posted a pic of her and linked to her myspace.

Furthermore, he has also included a u-tube film of a girl with a similar haircut getting run over by a car.

Obviously, I have told her about the site, because I wouldn't be a friend if I didnt. She has called the police and they told her that a crime hasn't been commited... hmmm surely it is harrashment?

anyway, am unsure how we should proceed from here, any ideas?

tick
19-03-2007, 19:05
Sounds like a crime to me .
But is it against the law?

Chimaera
19-03-2007, 19:06
Go to the Citizen's Advice - they should be able to give you some advice. Do you have a union at your workplace? A similar thing has just happened where I work and things have been dealt with very differently! I'd get them involved if you have one.

Bex
19-03-2007, 19:11
Go to the Citizen's Advice - they should be able to give you some advice. Do you have aunion at your workplace? A similar thing has just happened where I work and things have been dealt with very differently! I'd get them involved if you have one.

I though CAB would be a good route to take.
Unfortunately, we were all made redundant from the company in jan, so not sure they will get involved

Chimaera
19-03-2007, 19:14
I though CAB would be a good route to take.
Unfortunately, we were all made redundant from the company in jan, so not sure they will get involved
Well it's worth a try - remember, if you don't ask, you don't get!
Has she kept copies of the emails? If so she should take those along to the CAB - did she show them to the police?

punky
19-03-2007, 19:20
You can sue him for libel if the comments aren't true.

Delta Whiskey
19-03-2007, 20:48
Find out who is hosting the website and make a complaint, citing the sexual harassment. That should get the site taken down.

DW

Halcyon
20-03-2007, 14:55
Yes I would reccomend contacting the website hosting company and explain the reasons. I'm sure they will take it down pretty quickly.
Good luck.

Maggy
20-03-2007, 15:00
Sounds like a case of stalking to me...and that IS a police matter surely?

Bex
20-03-2007, 17:49
Sounds like a case of stalking to me...and that IS a police matter surely?

my point exactly!
I persuaded my friend to persue the matter further, especially in light of the u-tube film and thankfully they are now taking the matter seriously.
Fingers crossed that things are sorted, however it has now put me right in the firing line with my other friends, as it will be obvious that it was me that has mentioned this!

Greyrider
20-03-2007, 20:05
my point exactly!
I persuaded my friend to persue the matter further, especially in light of the u-tube film and thankfully they are now taking the matter seriously.
Fingers crossed that things are sorted, however it has now put me right in the firing line with my other friends, as it will be obvious that it was me that has mentioned this!

Sorry Bex. If what you did has put you "in the firing line" with other friends, they ain't friends!

Hom3r
20-03-2007, 20:19
Bex at the end of the day you have done the right thing, regardless what your friend may or may have not done to his guy, she does not deserve this treatment.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Does she have any brothers, who could have a word in his ear?

Bex
21-03-2007, 18:39
Bex at the end of the day you have done the right thing, regardless what your friend may or may have not done to his guy, she does not deserve this treatment.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Does she have any brothers, who could have a word in his ear?

thank you, i think i have done the right thing also!
without going into too much details for legal reasons, the police are on the case and he will be arrested in the not to distant future!

if that doesn't work he may get a visit from some of my scarier friends;)
and having discussed the matter with two very close friends, if anything comes back on me, or he has a go at me in anyway then he will be the worst off:angel: