PDA

View Full Version : How will new phone charges affect packages?

SilverLady
19-03-2007, 12:50
We've just received letter from Virgin giving info on phone changes from 1 May, ie Phone XL will reduce from £14 to £9.95 and L from £5.50 to £3.95 (excluding line rental). Does anyone know if this will alter the cost of special deals negotiated eg we have package of TV XL, Phone L, Broadband L for £35. Are we likely to see a reduction, or is a deal at a fixed price?

Secondly I like the sound of the Talk Anywhere 200 phone tariff can it be substituted for one of the standard phone packages in a combination of services?

virginmedia
19-03-2007, 16:50
Not yet recieved this mailing. Could you do a photocopy.

It wont affect you package aprat from price will go down.

SilverLady
19-03-2007, 17:05
Letter I received refers you to following website for further information:

www.virginmedia.com/changes (http://www.virginmedia.com/changes)

Howzie
21-03-2007, 18:03
I think it will mean that if you are on a basic package of 3p per min. Then every call will cost at least 10p as you will pay 6p connection fee then 3p + vat instantly as time is rounded up to the next highest minute. Most short calls are of 2 - 3 minutes so that makes the cost of a call nearer to 20p a time.
Perhaps us low phone users are paying for the price cuts to the higher phone users on special packages. From last month I moved some of my phone calls and texts to Skype as you could see that price rises were planned.

Jules
21-03-2007, 18:16
Do those prices include the line rental?

Maggy
21-03-2007, 18:42
Do those prices include the line rental?

The line rental remains the same.

I don't know how much difference it will make to me..I hardly ever get a phone bill above £10 these days..more often it is a lot less.

dcclanuk
21-03-2007, 18:56
still uncompetitive in my opinion on the phone side of things!

still doesnt match the fact other companies are giving inclusive international calls, and bband as part of the TU24 package.... [obviously u have to count the line rental too!]

also, what cheek!:
So for example, a call that lasts 4 minutes and 50 seconds will be rounded up to 5 minutes. This will affect customers with call plans, those with bundled minutes (Talk Anywhere) and all other telephony customers in the same way

why not round down and keep customers happy? and what if its like 5 mins 1 sec... ur screwed then init..... aaaaaargh:mad: VM are bit like the budget! get some, but give more back......;)

ACDeag
23-03-2007, 23:03
still uncompetitive in my opinion on the phone side of things!

still doesnt match the fact other companies are giving inclusive international calls, and bband as part of the TU24 package.... [obviously u have to count the line rental too!]

also, what cheek!:

why not round down and keep customers happy? and what if its like 5 mins 1 sec... ur screwed then init..... aaaaaargh:mad: VM are bit like the budget! get some, but give more back......;)

VOIP is the answer. VM for incoming, www.voip.co.uk for outgoing, and they will even spoof your CLI to match your VM line.

virginmedia
25-03-2007, 14:52
Personally the line retal should go down to a tenner.

Then they could put posters everywhere saying they are cheaper than BT.

lol