PDA

View Full Version : Very impressed with VM today!

apduk
17-03-2007, 05:11
Hi all

I have to admit that this was pretty impressive for vm. I had a 'installer' call round to fix my tv problems in the morning yesterday, he didnt actually find a fault or fix anything so I rang up to get some compensation for my screwed up TV. The phone was picked up within a few seconds of me ringing, which I was literally shocked at. Yes I was through to bangalore, and the woman couldnt understand what I was saying and vice versa, but still it was very quick and the convesation was quite amusing. I do hate the fact that as soon as someone in a foreign call centre picks up he phone, I auto shift into slow my speech down mode, does anyone else do that?

I then got passed around from dept to dept as they couldnt give me compensation untill the fault is fixed which is not good what so ever, so I refused to pay the bill.

You know I love those phone calls you have, where both you and them know your right, but they dont know what to do. You can just tell by the tone of the voice that thier clueless. They try every trick in the book to make you give up and put the phone down, but I was having none of it. I told the man in customer services not to send me back to faults or billing as that is where I started off from, and to go and find out where I need to be transfered to, which he did. He told me I need to be passed to NTL as im in NTL area, it was rather odd to have them still refer to NTL.

I then got passed onto someone else in swansea i think it was (although that could of been the tesco cockup ive been dealing with today) anyway he said he would sort it out and ring me back in 10 minutes, and he did, well done. He was trying to get the guy to come back and fix the TV, after about another 60 minutes or so he rang back again to tell me an engineer would call to fix the tv in the afternoon, but it wouldnt be the same man. I waited at home and another engineer actually turned up, so very well done again. The second guy didnt fix anything or find a fault other than blaming the software and vm its self, and in the end he just gave me a new v+ box.

I know they dont appear to have fixed anything, but I have to give it to them, today they really did there very best to try and make me happy.

Well done to the Virgins.