PDA

View Full Version : Modem Send/Receive Led's

rollingstone
15-03-2007, 15:12
Hello

I have a Webstar DPC2100 broadband router. Over the last few days I have noticed that even when I am not using the internet the send led is constantly on sometimes going off and the receive led blinking. Fearing somebody had got through my witeless security, I switched off the computers, router and the modem. Left it overnight and then just switched on the modem. The leds though are the same as described above. How can this happen if presumably there is no dataend/receive? The modem is working fine otherwise. Can anybody out there help me?

With Regards & Thanks,

Alex Warren

Mick Fisher
15-03-2007, 15:35
I have an Ambit 250 and before that a TJet 210.

The Modem's LED's have always behaved in the way you describe.

rollingstone
15-03-2007, 16:07
I have an Ambit 250 and before that a TJet 210.

The Modem's LED's have always behaved in the way you describe.

Thanks for your reply Mick. I am a bit puzzled though. I have had the modem for nearly two years now and it is only the past few days it has behaved like this. Up to then the led's only came on when I was using the internet.

Thanks again

Alex Warren

dannyoneill
15-03-2007, 16:32
Its fine. As long as you have a firewall. Somone will always be trying to get onto every PC, they jsut portscan and try there luck. Right now ive got somone trying to hit my PC.

Also NTL do variou scans on the bootp port. Mainly to check and configure the modem.

I have a wireless router which has a firewall so there really is nothing to worry about.

rollingstone
15-03-2007, 17:31
Thanks Danny - I have everthing you mentioned - I'll sleep easier!

dannyoneill
16-03-2007, 09:24
Hackers and bored kids are a pain.

I sometimes check my firewall log for denied attempts and theres always somone trying to get in on the SQL server ports for some reason and I think NTL do something with the bootp too.

I remember the days of dialup, no one bothered you then.