PDA

View Full Version : New Installation

Anglo
15-03-2007, 09:51
Hi

Joined the forum today. I am moving home and have ordered cable from Virgin as the house is all cabled up from previous owners. I am somewhat apprehensive given all the horror stories on this forum and that I am leaving Zen Internet who have been tremendous, but hey life needs to be dangerous from time to time!!

I live in Newport South Wales so if there are any other forum members in the area it would be good to hear their feedback.

I ordered on the internet site and will feedback on the progress

Cheers

Anglo

Halcyon
15-03-2007, 10:27
:welcome: to the forums.

I hope your installation goes well for you :tu:

Anglo
15-03-2007, 21:35
OK
Had call from sales, they have slated me in for 22nd March installation. I have been given a free 10mb broadband upgrade 'special offer' and my TV improved from M to L.
Will keep you posted

Anglo

tweetypie/8
16-03-2007, 16:00
OK
Had call from sales, they have slated me in for 22nd March installation. I have been given a free 10mb broadband upgrade 'special offer' and my TV improved from M to L.
Will keep you posted

Anglo

lucky you christmas has come early,have a ball.:D

AndyCambs
16-03-2007, 16:33
OK
Will keep you posted

Anglo

Presumably that will be 20MB now with the upgrade coming in May?

Anglo
17-03-2007, 20:16
Thanks for the welcomes.

What router am I likely to have on a new install? or is it just a USB thing?

Anglo

Benson
18-03-2007, 08:42
You will be issued a cable modem which will really just depend what the engineer has on his van but Virgin dont supply a router.

Anglo
19-03-2007, 20:35
Hi
Update
Had to re-arrange installation due to house move delayed. Called CS waited approx 4 mins for human voice. Not bad, switched me to Sunday 25th. (They work Sunday's !!!!)

Will keep you posted but so far so good.

Anglo

ntl engineer
23-03-2007, 11:37
over time and triple time yes too right we do it all the time it is great to boost ur earnings uping a day

Anglo
27-03-2007, 20:04
Just a report back as promised on my new installation.
Two engineers came dot on time Sunday morning and left within 15 minutes with TV, Phone and Broadband all working :Yikes: The demo of services as you can imagine was something like. 'If you have used Sky then Virgin is about the same'
Problems? well the only thing was I ordered a V+ box and was given a standard one. But phoned CS (answered in 2 mins and was very apologetic spoke with manager who was also very apologetic and told me I should have been told at point of order that there was a 4 week delay on the V+ boxes.)

The quality of the TV picture is slightly poorer than Sky but not much. Broadband is on fire in the morning at just shy of 10 megs but can slow quite drastically to 2 to 3 megs at night, as discussed in the forums.

All in all a great experience, happy customer

Anglo

Halcyon
27-03-2007, 23:29
Nice to hear a succesful install :tu:
:welcome: to the forums.