PDA

View Full Version : Desperate

sirtom
15-03-2007, 00:23
Hi, pls help..

how do i connect

tv..cable box..freeview..dvdrec

i thought id sussed it by following a thread on here but receiving probs still..

dvdrec will only receive 1 scart signal therefore when im
recording freeview i cant watch cable and vice versa.. also when im recording freeview as soon as i turn on cable the recording switches to record the machine that was last turned on and vice versa...???????????

thanks,,, tommy

The Installer
15-03-2007, 00:40
The first question would be then which do you want to record off Freeview or Cable ? If you say both well you can either get a scart splitter box and mess about like that or just swap the scart into the dvdrec as required. How many scart sockets are on the back of the recorder ? 1 or 2 ?

sirtom
15-03-2007, 00:57
thanks.. each machine has 2 scart sockets.. a scart from cable freeview dvd each go into a 4 way scart switcher leaving 1 socket spare. then the scart that is attached to the adaptor goes in tv..

its not as much about the recording side of it,, but if im recording 1 i cant turn on the other without switching recording??

The Installer
15-03-2007, 01:09
Humm....
Ok a couple of things you could try.

4way > cable > dvd rec
4way > freeview > dvd rec

Does your 4 way scart box have any buttons or switches on it at all so you can select which scart to watch or not ? If it does the above will work ok. Use both the scarts on the back of your dvd recorder so if you wanted to record cable it would be av1 and freeview av2 on the dvd recorder. When it comes to viewing if your scart splitter box has a button or switch on it just select the one you want. Or the other way would be to do as above with the scarts except remove the splitter box so the cable and freeview both plug into your tv (av1/av2).

sirtom
15-03-2007, 01:17
sorry..4way doesnt av any switches

The Installer
15-03-2007, 01:21
Ok well take it out of line then. So from av1 on the tv run to the cable box then to av1 on the dvd recorder and av2 on your tv to the freeview box and from there to av2 on the dvd recorder.

sirtom
15-03-2007, 01:24
bear with me ill give it a go ..thks

The Installer
15-03-2007, 01:25
no probs

sirtom
15-03-2007, 02:11
round in circles im afraid..the setup i now have is how i did it previous myself by trial n error..
now i can,, watch cable av1.. freeview av2.. if, that is, i have turned cable off! probs im getting are ,, i dont need to switch any av modes with tvremote button, when switching on cable it comes on.. then switching over to freeview makes the screen spin round on av2 if av1 (cable) is also on. this normal?
**dvdrec,,only 1 scart signal showing on screen either cable(av1) or fview(av2).. i could record either one,, however when recording one i cant get the other on tv ie taping cable cant watch fview..
**normal tv channels just spinning around the screen.
??????????????????????sorry to be troubling??????????????????????????????

The Installer
15-03-2007, 02:14
Hehe ok swap the scart leads on the back of your tv so the cable is in av2 then not av1.

Pictures should then be ok

sirtom
15-03-2007, 02:28
shouldnt have to keep getting up n down switching cables etc..
eeeeeee technology..
dvdrec scart sockets are input output..
so ive got,, tv(av1) > cable(tv socket) > dvd(scart in)
tv(av2) > fview(vcr/dvd socket) > dvd(scart out)

The Installer
15-03-2007, 02:36
Oh you gotta love it ain't ya !!! hehe
Right connect your freeview on av1 on your tv and your cable on av2. This should cure your rolloing pictures on all your channels while the cable box is turned on.

The scarts on the back of the dvd recorder i think you will prob find that the one marked output will prob have input on it too so infact it should be in/out. I could be wrong but this is how they are normally setup anyway.

sirtom
15-03-2007, 02:43
u gonna luv me.. swapped av's ,, still same,, screen rolling but now av1 fview is saying no signal...

gettin stressed.. aaaaaaaaaaaargh

Crooky
15-03-2007, 09:00
sirtom, try changing the output of the cable stb to composite.

IIRC some TV's cannot handle the RGB signal and it "bleeds" over the top of the other signal.

sirtom
16-03-2007, 01:17
sirtom, try changing the output of the cable stb to composite.

IIRC some TV's cannot handle the RGB signal and it "bleeds" over the top of the other signal.

hi,, sorry to sound dim but dont understand one thing you sent me.. new to this sorry.. would be great for me if you could explain easier..
got talking to a guy today at work and it sounded like a good solution he had but turned out same..

i had my roof aerial into cable box aswell as the cable from garden,, we thought this was why the screen was rolling but after changing its same.

ive 3 machines,, cable, freeview, dvdrec,, plus tv..

fview has hard drive so that can record on itself...but i think what im eventually aiming for is that cable can play through the dvdrec so as i can record films etc,, i want to record on dvdrec from cable and as that is taking place i would like the chance to watch fview instead.. but rolling screen appears.. pls help if u can,,cheers