PDA

View Full Version : compensation for phone

j.a.c
12-03-2007, 15:35
I work from home on the phone and my phone went down for a week in december i lost two weeks wages direct debits bounced owing companies 25 per debit attempt and bank 35 i lost around 800 repaying and lost wages. They fixed it. now my phone is down again and they cant come out for a few days again. Its been down every two weeks for the last 6 wks sometimes they can fix it in minutes and now they want to send an engineer. My tv went down they dug up the street replaced wires i had no tv for almost 3 months while they got planning permission and it turned out to be a faulty tiny silver connection indoors??? im told the only compensation they give is MY OWN money back for services i have to pay for even though i aint recieving them. Oh they offered me 20 pounds as a good will gesture!!!! im furious i obviously need to be with a different provider which im looking into......any help would be appreciated xxx

Hugh
12-03-2007, 15:39
j.a.c.

Sorry to hear your tale of woe, and I hope something gets sorted.

In the meantime, as the problem has happened more than once, it may be useful if you purchased a mobile phone (PAYG or monthly) as an emergency back-up, if your working from home depends on being able to receive calls.

valor
12-03-2007, 16:33
Is your line installed as a business line?

cybernetic_tiger
12-03-2007, 20:23
Is your line installed as a business line?

If it's not then you should change as you would then be protected by a 4 hour service level agreement

Rapid Dr3am
13-03-2007, 10:12
As said get a business line if it's that important to you.

valor
13-03-2007, 10:23
As said get a business line if it's that important to you.

yeah thats my thoughts Rapid Dr3am, should also have a mobile phone as suggested.

j.a.c
13-03-2007, 11:33
I have a mobile phone. I cant use a mobile to recieve calls as they come from an agency and its to do with cost for customer on transfer. I know i should register it as a business but im fuming that i have to pay extra for a service that i should already recieve and they told me its 24hrs not 4 so i still lose money if im not working and im still not sure as service has been so appallingly bad ie...no call backs or returned emails etc. Im sat here not working again cos its down and i have to wait till tomorrow for them to fix it. I understan 4 hrs as a business but a week for a residential line is still ridiculous basically cos im average joe bloggs they aint interested but they expect me to keep paying for this appalling service and ...lol...i have been. Im telling these people i could lose my job and they r saying we are sorry to inconvenience u but there is nothing we can do............sorry im off on a rant ha ha it just makes me so mad. xxx

Rapid Dr3am
13-03-2007, 11:56
Residential is 48 hours btw.

j.a.c
21-03-2007, 18:07
rapid dr3am i know you say 48 hrs but when you talk to the staff on the end of the phone its not what they tell me. Its as and when you get the appointment. They tell you they will call if there is a cancellation but ive never recieved a call back.

colin-bennett
23-03-2007, 23:18
I have a mobile phone. I cant use a mobile to recieve calls as they come from an agency and its to do with cost for customer on transfer. I know i should register it as a business but im fuming that i have to pay extra for a service that i should already recieve and they told me its 24hrs not 4 so i still lose money if im not working and im still not sure as service has been so appallingly bad ie...no call backs or returned emails etc. Im sat here not working again cos its down and i have to wait till tomorrow for them to fix it. I understan 4 hrs as a business but a week for a residential line is still ridiculous basically cos im average joe bloggs they aint interested but they expect me to keep paying for this appalling service and ...lol...i have been. Im telling these people i could lose my job and they r saying we are sorry to inconvenience u but there is nothing we can do............sorry im off on a rant ha ha it just makes me so mad. xxx

You are not doing too bad ..
A more exerienced CR would have passed the info on to business sales to contact you ref your tel usage and service requirments.
stop complaining and get a business line as you claim the residential line is costing you money why you would persevere with this is beyond me ?????

lostandconfused
24-03-2007, 02:31
it is breaking the t&c's to use the line for business purposes, if you have said that to CS they would be well within their rights to disconnect the phone line altogether