PDA

View Full Version : hd not working

paul1967
10-03-2007, 10:33
every time i try to set v+ box to hdmi it goes straight back to widescreen setting.....

when it was set up the guy had the scart lead going from v box to dvd recorder then from the recorder to the tv.

also the hd lead is connected........

have taken dvd out so the scart lead goes from v box to tv but still no joy....

rang virgin but bloke hadn't got a clue and said he would send some instructions:td: :td:

can someone help please

Paul K
10-03-2007, 10:52
Did your setup ever work correctly before the installer left? If not what is your TV model and available connections and DVD recorder model and available connections? Without knowing what leads and ports you have available to use on each piece of equipment no one will be able to fully help you sort this out.
What model HDTV do you have and how is it set up? (WS Auto detect etc)

paul1967
10-03-2007, 14:07
Did your setup ever work correctly before the installer left? If not what is your TV model and available connections and DVD recorder model and available connections? Without knowing what leads and ports you have available to use on each piece of equipment no one will be able to fully help you sort this out.
What model HDTV do you have and how is it set up? (WS Auto detect etc)

as far as i know it not correctly when he left as i wasn't there.(the mrs was)

the tv is a toshiba37 wlt66s with

hdmi ports x 2
rgb port
to scart connections and a dvb port

the dvd recorder is a liteon lvw 5002

Paul K
10-03-2007, 14:38
Man that is the biggest issue with a lot of installs, letting them out of the house before they show it working.
What happens if you connect just the HDMI lead to the telly?
Are you following the example on page 6 of your tv manual?
http://www.schuss-home.at/downloads/280/manual/37WLT67_Englisch.pdf
where it says Scart 1 should go to the decoder (V+) and Scart 2 to your recording device?

brundles
10-03-2007, 15:43
The V+ box will initially only test the output on that channel but not stay. To make it stay you need to press the Text button on the remote once it's swapped channels. (It should tell you this on the screen but if the TV doesn't cycle to that input quickly enough it can be too late).

paul1967
10-03-2007, 17:11
The V+ box will initially only test the output on that channel but not stay. To make it stay you need to press the Text button on the remote once it's swapped channels. (It should tell you this on the screen but if the TV doesn't cycle to that input quickly enough it can be too late).

had to change tv to hd channel and i found that message

pressed text and now its sorted

cheers