PDA

View Full Version : stuck in a support loop

jmp909
09-03-2007, 20:27
I phoned customer services on 150 to arrange someone to come and fix my coaxial cable. (it got damaged when they told me to undo it from the modem on a previous occasion when i had loss of internet which turned out to be a fault at their end not mine and nothing to do with my modem) gave all my details held on the line about 10 minutes then she told me i'd reached the wrong department. she said i needed ntl department, so she gave me a number which then landed me in the same department anyway. After trying to charge me £75 for an engineer which i refused to pay because 1) i've been without cable tv channels for 2 weeks and 2) i'm not a qualified engineer and shouldnt have had to be undoing the cable in the first place. (i think they only dropped the charge because i said i'd rather move to sky than pay a charge for something that wasnt my fault) . After another long wait they then told me I was in the wrong department again and forwarded me back to the support line on 0845 4541111. several long waits later i got a third person, explained the situation and she said she'd put me through to an engineer. Another long wait. spoke to someone in faults. who then told me I was in the wrong department. These were telephone faults. So then forwarded to technical support team to explain everything all over again.... i'm still on hold for them.... let's see what happens next...

It's hardly good customer service is it?

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

part 2: I'd been on the phone so long it had reached 8pm+ by the time someone could tell me who i'd need to speak to and what i'd need to ask for.

so looks like i'm waiting until tomorrow for a fresh set of careline problems :P

virginmedia
10-03-2007, 12:30
Theres nothing that we can do other than say sorry about your problem.

Just keep trying to get through on 151.

John

NTLVictim
10-03-2007, 13:37
Theres nothing that we can do other than say sorry about your problem.

Yes there is..improve, and fast.

virginmedia
10-03-2007, 16:11
Sorry there is that too ... lol

John

jmp909
12-03-2007, 23:17
well you could train your support staff not to just pass me back to the same department 15 minutes later. and then do the same again. And not to have me repeat the same information I'd already supplied 3 times... but anyway...

Eventually I did get throught to a helpful telephone engineer (wrong department but hey, at least he knew what he was talking about) who couldnt help me himself because he was telephone section not internet, but who told me i needed to phone sales and get an SRO Internal Cabling Order due to a damaged Service cable.

so thanks to whoever that was.