PDA

View Full Version : Two attempts needed to load a page.

djchapple
09-03-2007, 18:03
I have two computers connected to VM broadband (NTL 250 modem) as follows.

The desktop running XP Pro and Firefox is connected to Linksys WRT54GL wireless router via an ethernet cable.

The laptop running XP Pro and Firefox is connected wirelessly to thew router using a Linksys WPC54GS PCMCIA Card.

When using the desktop loading a new webpage in Firefox results ion the page loading correctly.

When using the laptop loading a new webpage in Firefox results in a blank page with "Done" at the bottom left hand corner. refreshing the page results in the page loading correctly.

Any ideas?

AbyssUnderground
09-03-2007, 18:31
You could be having wireless interference. Try changing the channel number in the router and trying again. Make sure the other settings for wireless like packet size etc are set to default. If these settings are wrong then it can cause problems like this, I've done it before.

Paul K
09-03-2007, 18:34
Have you tried connecting the lappy via cable to see if it still happens? Are both browsers configured the same and using the same proxy if any?

djchapple
16-03-2007, 17:48
Yes I have used a ethernet connection but the fault is still there so it almost certainly nothing to do with the connection

AbyssUnderground
16-03-2007, 19:01
Make sure your connection isnt experiencing packet loss. This can cause the same issue.

On command prompt, use:

ping www.bbc.co.uk -n 100

Then when its finished you can see the averages and the packet loss amount.