PDA

View Full Version : not fair! trading standards, police and customs suck

simon keenan
09-03-2007, 13:27
15 months ago my house was raided by the south tyneside police, trading standards, fact and customs, i had started up and was trying to make a dvd venture take off, but it was very hard and i was always playing catch up finacialy.

H M Customs, stopped and inspected the parcels sent into the country for me and then released them to my address, they had been doing this on and off for 2 years, the reason i new they were checked is because so many boxes had the green sticker on saying this has been inspected, so i did not think i was doing anything wrong.

i spent the next 8 months going to and from the police station where i was questioned over and over agian, in august 2006 i was told the investigation was over and within 6 weeks i would receive a letter telling me no action would be taken or court action, during the interviews i was called a liar, and trading standards said they could not decide if they were going to local court or the high court, they were trying to scare me into something i was unable to do.

by the end of october i had heard nothing from trading standards so i again contacted my solicitor who again was as helpful as spit in your eye, by the end of november almost 6 weeks after i should of heard my solicitor called and said they had been in touch with trading standards and was told to call the police, the police told them it was all down to trading standards, this had happened a lot of the last 10 months odd, the police telling me it had nothing to do with them and trading standards was a power upon themselves, over and over again i heard that from the police, they also said this is wrong we should not be here, we have been lied to, you are not copying and you do not have the copying equipment they said you did, i had one p.c!, so my solicitor called trading standards back and eventually someone called them back and they told my solicitor the most amazing thing i have ever heard, please inform Mr Keenan, we have no staff to deal with this so he will have to wait and the icing on top is my solicitor saying fine and telling me, march now and im still waiting.

at first no one believed me the police felt sorry for me as the investigation was wrong but after all i was selling pirates, thanks to customs and my suppliers lieing to me, even my solicitor came across as off course you are Mr Keenan when i explained it all, but what made me feel better was hearing it in there voices in november that they did believe me, telling me that i think you were right Mr Keenan, you are innocent! but that did not stop them from reclining more in the chairs and not giving a toss.

i contacted my MP Mr Hepburn who is trying to help belive it or not, they passed on the information to the department of trade and what ever they are called but received a letter back saying we cannot interfere with this so he passed the complaint onto the big cheese at south tynside council.

problem is they do not have a case and they know it, that is why no one is wanting to take lead in this case, the police pass on or blame trading standards and vice versa, but hey, im a house husband, i do not pay taxes so why should they treat me like a normal civillian ?

i want protests, i was discussions, i want people to loose there jobs....i want fairness to a currupt system and currupt people who really are the liars and bullies, god to bid if i was black, indian or middle eastern, even thought the words profiting terrorists came up !!!!!

i have done nothing wrong but i have been walking around for 15 months with so many men's organs up my backside i have to admit im getting a little bored with it all.

i will not just sue trading standards, the police, fact and customs, i will personnaly sue two from trading standards the guy from fact and customs.

i will make them wish they did a much better job....

this country is not what it used to be and i want my old great britian back...

thank you

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

This morning my car alarm went off, i walked out and the lights were flashing, i looked around the car and i could not see any broken windows, nor could i see any damage but then i saw a ticket under my wiper blade.

i had received a ticket for no tax, seeing i just renewed it a couple of weeks ago i new there was something wrong, i looked up and where the tax was the day before it was no more, i walked towards the car more and there it was sitting on the dash board, over night it must off fell off and out of the two ways it could of landed it landed tax down.

problem is, i live down a road that leads back onto the road next to mine it goes no were, it takes to to each end of albert road, you are not saving time by going this way, so why ?

also the road i live down is narrow, cars have to park half on the road and half on the path as the road is narrow from kerb to a wall, also the street light outside my house was busted, meaning that visibility was almost zero, i went out around 11.30 to my car cause i left my lighter in it, it was so dark due to the broken street lamp.

so my question are as follows.

why was he down my road....

how was he able to see i had no road tax due to the dark

how was he able to drive down my narrow road and not hit parked cars while looking at everyone's tax's.....or was he just looking at mine ?

if he got out to see give a ticket why did he not see it on the dashboard.

the answers to my question was as follows.

we are the police, we can do what we like when we want to.....

then the rply i got was two words "and" "so"

my last word was, i pay my poll tax, i pay your wages and the officer that put the ticket on is fired....

when are the police going to realise they are not perfect, they are not gods and we have rights... they cannot just check cause they feel the need.

currupt and dodgy police are out there people......beware!!!

AndyCambs
09-03-2007, 14:09
Paranoia......

v0id
09-03-2007, 14:24
I have a spare tin foil hat for sale :P

AndrewJ
09-03-2007, 14:38
The turnips may go clockwise on this one to a tune of spinning oranges.

Xaccers
09-03-2007, 15:04
So you were "unknowingly" selling pirated DVD's for 2 years, and there's been an investigating into this which is ongoing right?
Local beat bobby or traffic warden, on their rounds before people leave for work so more likely to have their cars parked at home found your car, saw no tax disc on display and ticketted you for it?
Is that the gist of things?

AndyCambs
09-03-2007, 15:15
So you were "unknowingly" selling pirated DVD's for 2 years, and there's been an investigating into this which is ongoing right?
Local beat bobby or traffic warden, on their rounds before people leave for work so more likely to have their cars parked at home found your car, saw no tax disc on display and ticketted you for it?
Is that the gist of things?

Or a passing member of the public saw it, and reported an out-of-date tax disc, or missing tax disc on the internet via www.dvla.gov.uk...

Xaccers
09-03-2007, 15:25
Or a passing member of the public saw it, and reported an out-of-date tax disc, or missing tax disc on the internet via www.dvla.gov.uk...

Well the tax disc was reportedly there the day before, so if it was a member of the public, that's one impressive turn around!

Thing is, would they send someone round like that if their database showed the car was taxed?

Can you contact the DVLA and contest tickets like this if you can show that the vehicle was taxed, and there was a reasonable likelihood of the disc falling off?

STONEISLAND
09-03-2007, 15:33
My snooker queue is broken?

Nugget
09-03-2007, 15:33
my last word was, i pay my poll tax, i pay your wages and the officer that put the ticket on is fired....

Blimey, if I was you, I'd count myself lucky that I haven't been collared for not paying my Council Tax for the last 15 years...

Anyway, why would the officer be fired? It's your responsibility to ensure that the tax disc is displayed, so it's your fault for not making sure it was stuck on :shrug:

gooner4life
09-03-2007, 15:35
lol what a crock of ****e

AndyCambs
09-03-2007, 15:36
Well the tax disc was reportedly there the day before, so if it was a member of the public, that's one impressive turn around!

Thing is, would they send someone round like that if their database showed the car was taxed?

Can you contact the DVLA and contest tickets like this if you can show that the vehicle was taxed, and there was a reasonable likelihood of the disc falling off?
Ok - perhaps not, but it might have been fallen off sometime...
But anyhow - someone seems to have a bee in their bonnet..

Derek
09-03-2007, 15:42

Why wouldn't he be? Most people would be happy to see Police patrolling their street. Unless of course they were selling pirate DVD's or something. :rolleyes:

Occasionally the Police have torches with them. Sometimes they even put the headlights on in their car.

how was he able to drive down my narrow road and not hit parked cars while looking at everyone's tax's.....or was he just looking at mine ?

It's very easy to spot cars with no or out of date tax when driving slowly past them.

if he got out to see give a ticket why did he not see it on the dashboard.

Because it had landed face down.

I'd bet the Police Officer pays more of his own wages in tax than you do.

when are the police going to realise they are not perfect, they are not gods and we have rights... they cannot just check cause they feel the need.

They can actually. :)

gooner4life
09-03-2007, 15:59
I'd save your breath Del, he is clearly one of those "it's against my human rights innit" people.

AndrewJ
09-03-2007, 17:25
Garlic bread is the answer.

Fitzer
12-03-2007, 15:20
He's posted something very similar on a writers website http://www.toowrite.com/toowrite_story.asp?sid=7886

Halcyon
12-03-2007, 15:26
Erm, I don't think there are many lawyers or government officials on this forum that can help really.

AndyCambs
12-03-2007, 15:30
He's posted something very similar on a writers website http://www.toowrite.com/toowrite_story.asp?sid=7886

Years ago, I had a letter in the post at the company I worked for similar to this. We used to deal with one of the doctors from the local mental hospital. Whilst not revealing any patient/doctor confidentiality, he did say that he knew of the author who wrote the letters.

This seems remarkably similar...

Stuart
12-03-2007, 16:00
Patrol (they do sometimes, you know)? Call out from someone?

Torch (standard issue I believe) or car headlights.

Why on earth would the police just be looking for your tax disk? AFAIK, not paying your tax earns an £80 fine. If they are going to do you for importing pirated goods, you could get a harsher punishment that that.

So, let me get this straight. You imported DVDs that then turned out to be pirated, and despite presumably having mounds of evidence (the DVDs) that could lead to a serious conviction, the Police would prefer to do you for tax evasion?

valor
12-03-2007, 16:52
What did you call that Walter guy?
Mittey was'nt it! hehe...