PDA

View Full Version : VPlus Activation Problems

Lawman1965
09-03-2007, 12:57
Hi all, I'm new here but feel that you should know what I found out today.

I have been having major issues with having a VPlus box installed - all down to the customer service (or lack of) from Virgin Media.

To cut a very long and frustrating story short, the installation (a simple box swap) that was started on Monday of this week was completed yesterday (Thursday) and the engineer took the old NTL one away. But - after several hours there were no subscribed channels.

Many calls to VPlus were made and an engineer promised - none arrived. This morning one turned up to tell us that Virgin Media have got a major problem with the activation computer system for VPlus. He said the issue was Pending, but had no resolve date. He also said that there were people that had been waiting for over a week to get channels and were still waiting. He gave the figure of 2,500 customers that were waiting for VPlus activation due to this fault.

Virgin Media are still installing boxes knowing that this is an issue in some areas, and then they lie through the teeth. They KNEW before they even began the installation that there was a good chance it wouldn't work, yet they still carried on.

Now, I join the other 2,500 that have no channels other than the free ones. I have a major headache and my blood pressure is rising :mad: (I look like that....:Yikes: ).

It's an issue that anyone looking to upgrade needs to be aware of.

Rich

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Well, it would appear that good old moaning and repeated phone calls do work. I spoke to a young chap at Virgin this morning and he re-looked at the issue and he believed that he saw the error.

So, he got in touch with the IT department to sort out the computer error for my system and informed me that it would take upto 3 days.

But hey presto - 2 hours later and Virgin Media have sorted the issue and I now have the channels :D . At last, someone that knows what they're talking about and has the ability to take on ownership of a problem and ensure that the problem is resovled.

I hope the other 2,500 folks speak to the same chap.....but I guess he'll be very busy.

Rich

jarood
10-03-2007, 10:58
Hi we had similar probs, installed Tues no channels, many, many LONG callls to cs + faults on a daily basis. Foned 150 on Fri evening selected leave option, waited 40 mins to talk to someone, told the we were p***** off and wanted v+ removed, she got on to faults prob fixed in 5 mins. I think it just takes the right incentive.