PDA

View Full Version : TV scart set-up ?

12noon
08-03-2007, 08:00
I get my V+ box fitted on 3rd April but wonder if the engineer (V+ box fitter) can sort my problem out. At the moment i've got digital cable, dvd recorder and a hdtv all connected via scart. When i turn the tv on it goes straight to the aerial tuner. I have to press a button on the tv remote to switch over to scart one. Also when i record something on dvd and then try watching it, it's not in wide screen. I can watch live in wide screen while for some reason it records in normal tele size. Any idea why ?

The TV is a Bush HDTV - the one on the back page of the Argos.
The DVD Recorder is a LiteOn - not sure what model, but it's new-ish.
The Cable box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4200 DVB

Aragorn
08-03-2007, 09:08
Remembering what input was last used (eg AV1 or UHF) is down to how the TV is designed. My Sony and Samsung flat screens both remember the last used input, but my old Panny CRT defaults to UHF. Unless you can find a 'remember' option in the TV user guide you will have be live with this.
As for widescreen, it will probably be an option in the DVD setup - I suspect the DVD output is set to 4:3 and there will be a option to set it to widescreen. Again the user guide should help with this - if you tell us exactly what model, we may be able to google an online manual, but iirc Liteon are not great at online docs.

12noon
09-03-2007, 07:41
It says on the back of the DVD recorder - LVW 5115GHC
;)
Thanks for the answer. Ill get the books out again and have another look at the settings. The V+ engineer might be able to help me in 3 weeks time though. I hope.

Cobbydaler
09-03-2007, 08:31
Have you set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the Liteon Playback setup screen?

12noon
09-03-2007, 12:42
Have you set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the Liteon Playback setup screen?

Thanks. That's that sorted.
;)
Will just have to live with the TV and having to press the scart button once on turning the TV on.