PDA

View Full Version : Engineer Not Turned Up

peterscr
07-03-2007, 08:50
Hi All

New to this site and I am having a nice new v+ box installed today and my samsung ntl box taken away ..

What are the chances they wont turn up , cause i had to beg my boss to get today off so they could come and install it.

Just a bit worried cause bout 2 years ago when ntl was installed i had massive problems with them not turning up , ruining my front garden etc...

virginmedia
07-03-2007, 15:45
well... did they turn up??

AndyCambs
07-03-2007, 15:56
Hi All

New to this site and I am having a nice new v+ box installed today and my samsung ntl box taken away ..

What are the chances they wont turn up , cause i had to beg my boss to get today off so they could come and install it.

Just a bit worried cause bout 2 years ago when ntl was installed i had massive problems with them not turning up , ruining my front garden etc...

I just wondered how they could ruin the front garden if they didn't turn up?? :D

jem
07-03-2007, 16:26
I blame moles.

Probably trained by Murdoch.

Are there no limits to which Sky won't descend?

peterscr
07-03-2007, 17:36
Yes they did turn up , really helpfull , got my remote control volume working and checked on demand stuff worked .. All going well recorded few episodes of scrubs , awesome bit of kit ..

on my ntl visit 2 years ago they did not turn up and on second arranged day they dug up garden to lay cable i had to go back to work and they said they would tidy up . I come back and there is a huge mound of grass on path and a bloody great hole in my garden

sirtom
09-03-2007, 01:29
hi,similar problems , from ordering and taking money from my account it took 33 days to install with 2 non appearances and finally on the 3rd vist the engineer was friendly and helpful.. However,, as he was very "busy" he was unable to dig and bury the cables and thus 3 weeks later its still run accross the front garden where it was left.. Currently searching local garden centres for menacing gnomes to place into 2 teams facing eachother alongside the cables and initiating a fearsome tug o war competition......