PDA

View Full Version : Connect Me if You Can

Maya culpa
06-03-2007, 00:29
Hi,

My first post and have little technical knowledge on the subject.

I had a connection problem last week lasting five days. The connection problem was that it would drop out every ninety seconds precisely, all the time.

I phoned the help line and spent one hour and forty-five minutes over that period – unfortunately getting nowhere fast. The first guy I spoke to, after doing some tests, said I would need an engineer to call but he couldn’t arrange this because the system was down and suggested I call back in two hours time. On the next call the guy went pretty much through the same testing procedure again. His conclusion was that the cable between the modem and the PC was the culprit and suggested I renew it and that I did, the next day but the problem still remained. At this juncture I asked to talk to a supervisor because I was having great difficulty understanding the fellow and he me, as the previous one I spoke to. They were of Asian decent, I think. I was then handed to another operator who went through more tests and concluded that my computer was at fault. I said that was unlikely because I had tested it on a second computer and it was exactly the same. I asked if an engineer could call, as suggested by the first guy I spoke to. I was informed that was not possible because the modem was working correctly. I agreed that it was working albeit intermittently. She was adamant that an engineer could not be sent although I offered to pay for the service.

I was then offered a phone number to have my PC Health checked at £1.00 a minute; of course, I jumped at the offer, ha ha. The next day I took the PC to the company who built it and they tested it on the internet for several hours and downloaded huge files with out a problem. I was never convinced that the PC was at fault after putting the spare one on and didn’t exhibited the same fault but I was not going to convince them of that.

I am going to cut this miserable story very short.

On Sunday morning, I thought I would give them one last shot. When I phoned, somewhere down the line, a recorded message came on saying that there was a fault in my post code area. It went on to say that the problem was more complex than originally assessed and another update would be given at 11.00 a.m. I wasn’t but at around midday the problem I had cessed albeit the connection was quite slow but by the evening it was back to normal; great.

Now, the reason for this post is to find a postal address to send my complaint to Virgin Media about the standard of service where it will be read and not binned. Any information in this regard would be most welcome.

Maya Culpa.

Halcyon
06-03-2007, 00:47
You can leave a compliant via E-mail here:
http://help2.virginmedia.com/assets/html/customer_feedback/customer_feedback_querytype_1.html

Maya culpa
06-03-2007, 01:02
Thanks for that but I have tried with no response via that route. I did get an acknowledgement though and they said they “would get back to me shortly” they haven’t. Very frustrating business-I’m losing the will to live.

Halcyon
06-03-2007, 10:14
I've looked for their address too but can't seem to find one. Maybe someone will know.

Maya culpa
06-03-2007, 11:01
Thanks’ once again Halcyon.

I get the impression they don’t want to be contacted.

Let’s hope that Sir Richard will quickly re-shape his new acquisition. I have every confidence he will but it will take some time I suspect. I have a lot of respect for the man and his values.

SimpleSimon
06-03-2007, 19:56
Hi Maya Culpa,

Send me a PM and I will give you an address that I used last Nov to write a complaint to.

Simon

Maya culpa
06-03-2007, 20:49
I've looked for their address too but can't seem to find one. Maybe someone will know.

Hello Halcyon,

Just to let you know I finally found the contact details I was after. I found them on a website unrelated, (details below).

I talked with a very helpful person and was put through to the complaints department direct. The man I talked to was more than interested in what I told him and I believe his interest was genuine. I asked if it was company policy to guide clients to a premium phone rate PC Health check number, he said it was not. We talked about a lot of things other than my complaint and I was left feeling that things will change for the better for everyone, lets hope this will be as soon as possible.

I was compensated straight away for my troubles; I was credited two months premium that is worth £50. In reality, it was worth about twenty six after taking out my costs, let alone my time but I am content that I actually tracked them down and had my say.

I am still going to write to the managing director of Virgin Media now I have his name etc.

As the details below are already in the public domain I see no reason not to give them here. This number is a reception desk. They cannot deal with specific complaints - they can only guide you to the appropriate department!

Media House,
Bartley Wood Business Park,
Hook,
Hampshire.
RG27 9UP

Tel: 01256 752000
Fax: 01256 754100

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Hi Maya Culpa,

Send me a PM and I will give you an address that I used last Nov to write a complaint to.

Simon

Thanks for the offer Simon but I have cracked it now.

Best wishes,

Maya Culpa