PDA

View Full Version : Citroen Xantia Fuel cap lock

mc1
04-03-2007, 10:58
I have a citroen xantia 1.9 Td, which is a 95 model.
The fuel flap is activated by central locking, and it wont open when i turn the key. there seems to be no manual lever to unlock this.
When i turn the key to lock it the familiar click is heard, indicating that the flap is locked. However when i unlock it, that click is not really heard.
It may be that only the spring loaded mechanism is jammed, but the problem is that i have no way of getting under the flap to sort it out.
Any suggestions?

Graham M
04-03-2007, 10:59
Hey welcome... this really isn't a car forum but maybe someone might have an idea

albert_the_dog
04-03-2007, 15:24
Should be able to get to the manual release from inside the car pull back
the trim on the inside of the car near the filler neck citroen usually fit a
short cable to release it with but if its been pulled off you should still be
able to release it through the trim

AtD

keithwalton
04-03-2007, 16:03
This would be where mine and Xac's thread has made its way into google then :)

The haynes manual (book of lies) says nothing about the fuel filler cap, i dont think there is anything accessible from inside the flap but i shall have a look later.
If there is a manual release it could also be up in the wheel arch

Tuftus
05-03-2007, 13:42
I seem to remember there being a thread about this on the French car section of the GSF Car Parts forums...

Have a dig around here - http://www.gsfcarparts.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=15

Hope this helps...

andy189
27-07-2008, 12:57
I have a citroen xantia 1.9 Td, which is a 95 model.
The fuel flap is activated by central locking, and it wont open when i turn the key. there seems to be no manual lever to unlock this.
When i turn the key to lock it the familiar click is heard, indicating that the flap is locked. However when i unlock it, that click is not really heard.
It may be that only the spring loaded mechanism is jammed, but the problem is that i have no way of getting under the flap to sort it out.
Any suggestions?

hi i'm thinking of buying a td estate 98 xantia what are they like on fuel and performance ie do they like hills lol cos my astra td dont andy

Graham M
27-07-2008, 12:58
This thread is well over a year old so wether any of the original posters actually look at it looks a bit unlikely!

Xaccers
27-07-2008, 20:23
PM sent to Andy189 advising on more suitable forum.