PDA

View Full Version : Won't somebody PLEASE send me a modem!

Tristan
02-03-2007, 19:10
I've written here before (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33607771) about my awful battle with Virgin customer services when I tried to order the new VIP package. Eventually, however, I managed to speak to somebody who was competant (he'd actually heard of the product!), and things got sorted out. Or so I thought.

You see, it's now three weeks since I initally "ordered" the VIP service, and I still haven't received a new cable modem, despite the fact I was promised it would arrive in two working days. As it happens, I can still get broadband through my old set-top box, but I presume this has more to do with NTL not getting around to disconnecting it than anything else. In any case, it's only a 4meg connection, rather than the 10meg that I'm paying for (on a new, separate Direct Debit of course -- the sheer rank idiocy of which I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me).

I have, of course, tried calling Virgin. Unfortunately however, it seems that it's very difficult to find somebody who actually has the authority to send modems. Customer Care say they can't do it. Sales say they can't do it (which, given that it was a Sales guy who said he'd send me one in the first place, might explain why it never arrived). Even Tech Support say they can't send modems. Last week I was promised a call back "within the hour" from somebody who actually could, but of course, the call never came.

I was going to try again today, but by the sound of things the lines are on fire with people phoning in about this Sky stuff. In any case, I just can't face being passed from pillar to post yet again.

So this is really an appeal. To anybody who might know someone at Virgin Media with the authority to send out cable modems (which apparently means senior management), please get them to read this thread and get in contact with me. Just give me a bloody modem, and I promise I'll never make a fuss ever again. I'll just pay my money every month (now in two separate payments, obviously :rolleyes: ), and I won't cause any trouble. Please?

Bob
02-03-2007, 19:12
You never know, that same someone may be able to merge your two DDs as well lol :D

mega_monty
02-03-2007, 21:01
You see, it's now three weeks since I initally "ordered" the VIP service, and I still haven't received a new cable modem, despite the fact I was promised it would arrive in two working days. As it happens, I can still get broadband through my old set-top box, but I presume this has more to do with NTL not getting around to disconnecting it than anything else.

I have, of course, tried calling Virgin. Unfortunately however, it seems that it's very difficult to find somebody who actually has the authority to send modems.

Until early this week my internet connection was via a Pace STB, last week I called retensions to complain about my bill being expensive and that I didn't find Virgin competitive. I was given a better deal along with a broadband upgrade to 4mb, but the Pace STB will only handle 1mb max, the lady on the phone ordered me a cable modem from sales, called me back to confirm I would be getting it. This was Thurs 22nd Feb, modem arrived 9am Mon 26th Feb and I had it installed and activated that evening.

AndyCambs
02-03-2007, 22:15
When I ordered my V+ box, I mentioned that I had broadband through STB, and straightaway she put me through to another department who said I could either have self-install, or they would send an engineer. Since I'm having the engineer for V+, I thought I'd let them do it.
Did you get the paperwork for the SACM registration details?

paul nolan
02-03-2007, 23:09
I ordered V+ Wednesday, am currently going through the modem on my Samsung STB and was told a new modem will be arriving on, or just before my installation date.

my new Pin / reg details have already arrived...

Tristan
02-03-2007, 23:11
Did you get the paperwork for the SACM registration details?

There's some paperwork involved?

AndyCambs
02-03-2007, 23:40

Yes
I had a letter confirming:

Key information for your Broadband Set-up

Surname
Serial Number
Personal Identification Number

It was a different department I was put through to, and she explained that the SACM is billed separately, unlike broadband through STB which all comes in the same bill.

Bob
03-03-2007, 16:42
How odd. On Langley, SACM is billed together with the rest of it (well in those Langley areas that have one bill of course :)

rogerdraig
03-03-2007, 17:01
you can have mine once i get through to cancellations ;)

45 minutes so far sigh

NTLVictim
03-03-2007, 17:04

Paperwork?

I never got no stinkin' paperwork...:(

AndyCambs
03-03-2007, 18:06
How odd. On Langley, SACM is billed together with the rest of it (well in those Langley areas that have one bill of course :)

Ah - I'm Bromley and former C&W area, having currently got the broadband through the STB, but I think they are in the process of changing people as and when they upgrade anything to SACMs. The CS person said something about the new billing system - but someone on here might be able to clarify.

dodgem22
03-03-2007, 19:44
i had the same problem m8 as swapped my digi box for a v+ box which wont run broadband it took 2 and a half weeks to get my modem then had to call customer services 3 times to get them to put it at the correct speed

rogerdraig
03-03-2007, 19:55
Yes
I had a letter confirming:

It was a different department I was put through to, and she explained that the SACM is billed separately, unlike broadband through STB which all comes in the same bill.

strange my sacm was billed with my main bill

and sorry but you now cant have mine as they offered it to me for £10 month and as that means i can keep my router set up went for it still ditched the rest though

oh and from my experiance to day was offered loads of great stuff, you more likely to get it sorted by threatening to go