PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Deal - Result and very happy

sav112
02-03-2007, 14:05
Result!

Sky- Digital getting installed on Tuesday the 6th
Phone and TV form Virgin Cancelled without notice due to the number of years I’ve been a customer and to top it off £10 off My BB for 12 months.
I’ve just to chuck my Ntl Box out as it was the original box and disconnect it all myself.

So basically by Tuesday I’ll have my skyone back and still have my Virgin BB for only £25 a month adding both sky and virgin together which works out £7 better off a month.

I felt sorry for the poor guy on the phone, yesterday they had a hell of a day. But at least he sounded like he knew what he was doing.

Kaychsea
02-03-2007, 14:08
And if you'd waited until today...;)

sav112
02-03-2007, 14:10
And if you'd waited until today...;)

I did wait till today at the Virgin end did the sky deal the other day!;)

Kaychsea
02-03-2007, 14:12
I did wait till today at the Virgin end did the sky deal the other day!;)
So you'll know that it wasn't due to your years behind the mast then?

sav112
02-03-2007, 14:14
well the guy started with the 30 day notice thing and I stopped him right there.

Yeah i see its getting to be the norm.

AndyCambs
02-03-2007, 14:18
To be honest, I couldn't be bothered to do all that. Tonight's Sky One is pretty typical:

6pm - Futurama
6:30pm - more Futurama
7:00pm - Simpsons
7:30pm - more Simpsons
8:00pm - even more Simpsons
8:30pm - Crash Test Dummies

Sums it up really....

invisibleboy
02-03-2007, 14:18
sad that your house is going to look a bit pikey now with the dish on the front

Hugh
02-03-2007, 15:43
Result!

Phone and TV form Virgin Cancelled without notice due to the number of years I’ve been a customer and to top it off £10 off My BB for 12 months.
I’ve just to chuck my Ntl Box out as it was the original box and disconnect it all myself.

So basically by Tuesday I’ll have my skyone back and still have my Virgin BB for only £25 a month adding both sky and virgin together which works out £7 better off a month.

I felt sorry for the poor guy on the phone, yesterday they had a hell of a day. But at least he sounded like he knew what he was doing.

sav112, I am happy you have got the deal and the packages you wanted, but did you really need to post (cut/paste) the same information (word for word) on three different threads in under 10 minutes? :erm:

Paul K
02-03-2007, 15:50
Probably not lol

videodj
02-03-2007, 16:12
Result!

So now you've got your discount, I take it we won't see and post's about capping, slow speeds, poor service! :D

sav112
02-03-2007, 18:31
"So now you've got your discount, I take it we won't see and post's about capping, slow speeds, poor service! :D"

I've never had any problems with my VM cable BB but im only on 2mb. i went up to 4mb and then went back to 2mb as i seen nothing really to keep me on it. Games played just the same.

I plan to stay with VM BB, As for the dish its not that big a deal, if the picture is like my mates then im happy, my skyone on cable was really bad picture quality.

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Sums it up really....

Its more like this.
Dream Team
Stargate SG1
Battlestar G
Stargate Atlantis
Dresden files.

I don’t follow lost or 24 as I don’t watch that much TV, I love to relax and watch the Simpsons and Futurama as I could watch them over and over.

The thing is I know what I like and when I do watch TV it is normally one of the above when I can sit back and enjoy.

Without skyone my cable would have been worthless as the little I do watch was mainly on skyone and that was my simple point. It would be a case of paying £14 on VM or £15 with Sky.

Mmmmmm hard decision – NOT! :)

Hugh
02-03-2007, 21:24
"So now you've got your discount, I take it we won't see and post's about capping, slow speeds, poor service! :D"

I've never had any problems with my VM cable BB but im only on 2mb. i went up to 4mb and then went back to 2mb as i seen nothing really to keep me on it. Games played just the same.

I plan to stay with VM BB, As for the dish its not that big a deal, if the picture is like my mates then im happy, my skyone on cable was really bad picture quality.

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------
Its more like this.
Dream Team
Stargate SG1
Battlestar G
Stargate Atlantis
Dresden files.

I don’t follow lost or 24 as I don’t watch that much TV, I love to relax and watch the Simpsons and Futurama as I could watch them over and over.

The thing is I know what I like and when I do watch TV it is normally one of the above when I can sit back and enjoy.

Without skyone my cable would have been worthless as the little I do watch was mainly on skyone and that was my simple point. It would be a case of paying £14 on VM or £15 with Sky.

Mmmmmm hard decision – NOT! :)

Hey, we're pleased for you, and glad that you shared your good fortune with us (so many times :D ).

AndyCambs
02-03-2007, 21:26
Hey, we're pleased for you, and glad that you shared your good fortune with us (so many times :D ).

You notice how Sky users seem to have to convince themselves that they have a good deal by repeating it so many times?

Hugh
02-03-2007, 21:27
You notice how Sky users seem to have to convince themselves that they have a good deal by repeating it so many times?

All that watching Sky One, Sky Two (not repeats, catch-ups), and Sky Three.

AndyCambs
02-03-2007, 21:31
All that watching Sky One, Sky Two (not repeats, catch-ups), and Sky Three.

:rofl:

Don't call it Sky Two - it makes it sound like a different channel - it was more Sky 1.1

Wicked_and_Crazy
02-03-2007, 22:14
So now you've got your discount, I take it we won't see and post's about capping, slow speeds, poor service! :D

what capping:confused:

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

I don’t follow lost or 24 as I don’t watch that much TV, I love to relax and watch the [/FONT]Simpsons and Futurama as I could watch them over and over.

ermm do you know the recorder has been invented ;)

flashgordon
02-03-2007, 22:34
my ex runs several stargate websites and i think atlantis as well eventhough she has ntl i doubt is bothered as she is a official viewer for paramount pictures and gets the episodes before they are aired in the usa. dame it just when i thought she was getting hot and bothered about sky one being axed...

Carl J
04-03-2007, 16:05

You notice how certain VM customers seem to have to convince themselves that Sky One means nothing by repeating how poor it is so many times? :angel:

Maggy
04-03-2007, 16:32
Look Can we please be civilised about all this.I come to this site for many things but above all for the friendly manner in which regulars treat each other.I think ragging people because they are leaving VM is very poor.It's their choice and we should respect that they can choose.

I'm wondering where the famous Cable Forum ethos of helpfulness is going...

Now I'm going to set up a new nominations thread for The Most Helpful Post of March.I hope that I will be getting as many nominations as I got for February though looking round the forums at the moment I think it will be a poor month because so many are scoring points left and right.:(

sav112
04-03-2007, 18:03
Makes me smile! Think some are agitated by people leaving Virgin, Don’t know why, guess they have nothing Constructive to add. I don’t have to convince myself of the switch, many I know had switched from Telewest?Ntl for various reasons. If I had skyone I would have been happy to stay.

inconsequential but highly amusing rants that they add!

Going round to watch Dream Team tonight on skyone, good excuse for a takeaway round at my friends - should be good, plus he’s my backup for Battlestar G on Tuesday if anything happens with the sky install.

Sky Two (catch-ups) Is that right? I’ve missed a few episodes of things on Skyone as I’ve planned to be back to the house and got lost with friends etc. could be useful. Apart from the Hero’s which seems to have been repeated over and over on Sci-fi.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Hugh
04-03-2007, 18:04
so many fonts, so little time.... :D

sav112
04-03-2007, 18:10
inconsequential on demand, that good service :upyours: