PDA

View Full Version : Result! With the BB

sav112
02-03-2007, 15:03
Result!

Sky- Digital getting installed on Tuesday the 6th
Phone and TV form Virgin Cancelled without notice due to the number of years I’ve been a customer and to top it off £10 off My BB for 12 months.
I’ve just to chuck my Ntl Box out as it was the original box and disconnect it all myself.

So basically by Tuesday I’ll have my skyone back and still have my Virgin BB for only £25 a month adding both sky and virgin together which works out £7 better off a month.

I felt sorry for the poor guy on the phone, yesterday they had a hell of a day. But at least he sounded like he knew what he was doing.

AndyCambs
02-03-2007, 15:11
Thats a shame - you'll probably end up paying more, and there's a chance the channels might come back when Sky put a more realistic valuation on them.

Carl J
02-03-2007, 15:16
Ignoring the VM cheerleading / anti-Sky ranting I hope the Sky TV works well for you and the transition is smooth.

sav112
02-03-2007, 15:21
To be fair, and it could be the old black box, but I had the sound sometimes disappearing at the end of shows, god knows why.

Most people I know are on the sky-digital and the picture quality is better than on my cable one plus they have a lot more tv channels and radio and the reminder thing that tell you your about to miss a program you watch, I thought was rather good.

Still best of both worlds I think

Got the Sky-Digital (Skyone)
Got the Virgin BB ( which I know is a lot better than sky’s)

Carl J
02-03-2007, 15:29
To be fair, and it could be the old black box, but I had the sound sometimes disappearing at the end of shows, god knows why.

Most people I know are on the sky-digital and the picture quality is better than on my cable one plus they have a lot more tv channels and radio and the reminder thing that tell you your about to miss a program you watch, I thought was rather good.

Still best of both worlds I think

Got the Sky-Digital (Skyone)
Got the Virgin BB ( which I know is a lot better than sky’s)

Exactly my man, you've a package which works for you. :)

I agree on the picture quality by the way, having had analogue and digital services from both suppliers. Though VM have always claimed they do nothing with the channels they are sent I have always thought they may do some processing to save bandwidth on the cable network, anyone care to confirm / deny? ;)