PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media - Very Annoyed!!!

minkstoll
27-02-2007, 21:39
:mad: :mad: About 3 weeks ago I decided to go for the 3 for £30 deal (cable, 2 meg broadband & phone). I called what was at the time NTL and during the call upgraded TV to XL pack and the all new V+ box.

The engineer arrived to install the services but what i got was just the normal cable tv box. So I said that I had requested the V+ and he said he would get back to me. No one did. I called customer services and they said someone would call me back in 48 hours. No one did. I called back again and the same thing happened. I called again and eventually got an appointment for an engineer to come round. The engineer came round and told me that the V+ isn't available in my area (Upper Norwood, London). I spoke to Customer Service and they said it is but the boxes had not yet been released. So I have had to book another appointment (this Friday - using 3 days holiday has really annoyed me!)

During all this my phone number hadn't been moved over from BT. I spoke to Virgin about this and the number port wasn't moved properly. This was going to be done again on 1/3/07 (3 weeks after first instalation date).

Also my broadband service was working one day then not the other and then just stopped working all together! I called Virgin and they said there was maintenance going on in the area to call back the next day. The following day they had problems with their phone to call back the next day. Then 4 days later I spoke to someone and they arranged for an engineer to come on the Sunday between 1pm - 6pm. I waited all afternoon and no one turned up. I called Virgin and they could not speak to the engineer becuase the department was closed on a Sunday. When I booked the appointment I was told that if I was not in for the appointment I would be charged £10!!! Cheek!!

I called Virgin on Monday to find out why no one bothered to turn up or even call. The person who I spoke to in Sheffield was very helpful. He actually told me the truth! Cable Broadband is not available in my area. I said that I checked on the website and it said I could get ther service. He said unfortunately it isn't even though I was told last year that it would be available from Jan 07.

So now all I am left with is cable tv and if all goes well this Friday I just might have V+. I had to go back to BT with my tale between my legs and back to AOL also!

I feel that Virgin are just interested in getting subsciber numbers up and are not really bothered about the lies they are telling to get you as a customer! There is also a serious lack of communication between all the departments. If they shared information, I wouldn't have had to take 3 days holiday to get their service installed!

Poor Richard Branson - he has a lot to sort out! (I know it's not him personally)

Very annoyed!! Want all Virgin Services!

NTLVictim
27-02-2007, 22:06
" Poor Richard Branson - he has a lot to sort out! (I know it's not him personally)"

Poor Richard my ****, he's put his name on the outfit in return for money.

Time to earn it.

MovedGoalPosts
27-02-2007, 22:10
All I can say is that is absolutely pants. Sales really should know whether or not a service is available or not.

AndyCambs
27-02-2007, 22:12
I thought that if you had cable television - then the broadband would automatically be available - or am I mistaken?

minkstoll
27-02-2007, 22:41
I thought that if you had cable television - then the broadband would automatically be available - or am I mistaken?

My thoughts exactly!!!! Maybe someone could enlighten us!!!