PDA

View Full Version : Sign-up Saga

greyhound
27-02-2007, 11:01
I have been trying to sign up to the full Virgin Media package since February 1st for my flat and am extremely disappointed and frustrated with my customer experience, which has been exceedinlgy poor, with totally inconsistent responses depending on who I happen to speak to on a given day.

I have during my many converstions spoken to individuals variously claiming to be from NTL, Telewest, Sales Engineers & 'Customer Care'.

Called 1st Feb - was told 'you can't have it', 'you're not in cabled area' but this seemed unlikely as two doors down they have cable, so I called again..

Called 2nd Feb
told ' you CAN have it, you are in cabled area but your building needs consent forms & you need a site visit, routed to an engineer voicemail number', which ensures that I will be 'contacted within 10 days'

Called 13th feb 10 days later, no contact
told 'we're not sure if can have it, transferred back to engineer voicemail number again, which ensures that I will be 'contacted within 10 days'

Called 26th Feb another 10 days later, STILL no contact
Explained saga till now.
Initially told that all they can do is email the engineering team!!!
Then was told that I could be put 'direct through'. On hold for 10 minutes.
Through to Customer Care. 'on hold' for a further 5 minutes. Back to Sales. On hold again 2 mins..Told that 'Engineering team has gone home, left office at 5pm!' :shocked: :mad:

Got contact details of a lady in in Sales, who is going to ring me back at 10am tomorrow morning. Gave my mobile number. Her direct number she gave me doesn't work.

She did call (27th Feb!)! - told 'the whole block is coming up as 'not servicable' but she is going to check this with the relevant team and will let me know within 2-3 days

This is what I was oringally told on the 2nd Feb, but was also told that I needed a site visit from an engineer and and consent forms signed (which I have now got, having gone round all the neighbours), so why am I being told this AGAIN!!!! WHY??

:mad: Despite having spoken to apx. 15-20 different individuals in Virgin Media I feel I am still no closer to having this resolved and am frustrated, angry and astounded by the state of the 'customer service'. I expected a lot lot better from the Virgin brand to be honest.

Is there any email address or snail-mail address that I can write to that anyone knows? My annoyance and frustration is compounded by the fact that every time I speak to someone I have to explain the whole sorry thing ALL OVER AGAIN!!!, is there no way of logging our contacts!!!!???

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can anyone suggest anything that might help!?

MovedGoalPosts
27-02-2007, 17:01
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Unfortunately, when it comes to installation of cable services into flats, things get complex legally.

Any service provider running a new service, be it a cable, or pipe, to a property needs a wayleave (legal right) from the land owner to do this. That's easy for houses, as the homw owner is normally the freeholder. With flats, there are a number of leaseholders who each have to give consent. and the freeholder of the property too. Additionally, the property has to be suitable to installation of cable, i.e. there are appropriate routes for the cable to take. Thus, even where there is a nice green cabinet on the road outside the flat, cable cannot necesarily be installed.

Time and time again we've seen posts from users frustrated by the lakc of coherent strategy for cable installs to flats. It seems that the front line sales staff can't get the back room departments to give clear yes or no. Meanwhile the potential customer gets frustrated. The answer we have frequently got is this needs a site survey to investigate the installation practicality, plus the consents from everybody.

The combined effort of that has frequently been too much for the old ntl:telewest. Whether this will start to change with the Virgin Media rebrand we wait and see.

greyhound
28-02-2007, 09:50
Thanks for your reply, it's interesting to know the legal position.

Yes, I too have been told that they need to do a site survey and obtain consent. Depends on who I get through to on the day though!

We have the consent all ready to go (all the owners in the block have agreed), we just somehow need to get one of those engineers to actualy come and do a site survey!

The only way then can no for sure is to get an engineer out, but it seems they just can't be bothered, like it's not worth the hassle for them, easier to just say 'nah, you're not serviceable'.

Do you know of any email/written address I can write to?

I want to get this all down formally and will not cease hounding until such a time as a site survey is done. If it then transpires that we can't have it then fine, I'll accept it, but without this survey they cannot categorically say it's not possible, as you say!!

:mad: