PDA

View Full Version : Pretty poor service tonight Mr Branson

The Jackal
25-02-2007, 00:36
Come on sell Virgin Media on and make a packet.

For the rest of us we're still losing packets.

5-10% loss tonight on an idle connection tonight. :rolleyes:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/02/40.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Anyone know how to go about trying to find out whether this is due to some spotty teenagers down my street blaster their broadband connection ?

andygrif
25-02-2007, 00:48
I think Mr Branson might be a little too pre-occupied with transportational matters this evening to worry about your speedtests.

And quite rightly so, too.

ginge51
25-02-2007, 01:07
im having a poor connection tonight aswell im on 2 meg bb but have been getting 1 meg since 3 pm this afternoon and still getting 1 meg now :(
not good enough :(

just got my speeds back at 1.39 am in the morning lol so this has been 10 hrs with half speed broadband :(
very poor indeed :(

chris.o
25-02-2007, 15:55
Think yourself lucky im on 10 meg and at peak time im getting as low as 1.3 meg:(

Paul K
25-02-2007, 16:00
Ooooh look here comes Dickie B with his magic wand....... oooooooh years of under investment and poor training has been fixed with one wave of his stick.....
OK sarcasm is a low form of wit but do you really think that the massive infrastructure and equipment issues can be fixed in such a short time span?

The Jackal
25-02-2007, 17:03
OK sarcasm is a low form of wit but do you really think that the massive infrastructure and equipment issues can be fixed in such a short time span?

No and as I previously posted we should give VM a chance to get their feet on the ground but what I had noticed under Telewest was the fact that they really were making a hell of a lot of effort to keep their ailing network together.

What are these techies doing these days ? Have they been laid off or maybe are just taking it easy under the Virgin Media banner.

Its these guys who were patching the network on a daily / hourly basis to give us some form of respectable service I am just at a loss as to what their primary focus now is.