PDA

View Full Version : Will virgin media counter skys broadband packages?

ginge51
21-02-2007, 17:25
hi all :)

i was on another forum where i read that sky broadband is now availavle for 10 pounds per month which is 16 meg unlimited service free instalation + skybox :)
sounds like an absolute brucey bargain to me :)
Now i wonder if Virginmedia will now lower there prices for 10 meg broadband thats an expensive 35 pounds per month compared to skys i hope they do as ill be getting 10 meg if they reduce there prices like skys :)

heres the link .......

http://broadband.sky.com/

Tezcatlipoca
21-02-2007, 17:27
hi all :)

i was on another forum where i read that sky broadband is now availavle for 10 pounds per month which is 16 meg unlimited service free instalation + skybox :)

Up to 16mbps ;)

I get about 8-9.

Still a bargain though.

ginge51
21-02-2007, 17:29
Up to 16mbps ;)

I get about 8-9.

Still a bargain though.

good point :)

hope they do something virginmedia

i think we should all sign a petition demanding they reduce there prices :p:

etccarmageddon
21-02-2007, 17:30
hang on - £10 is only if you want to top tier. it's 'free'* or £5* a month if you want to lower speeds which are good enough for a lot of customers.

*installation charges apply. terms and conditions available on request - the speed of your connection can go up or down and you may not get back your original investment.

a punter can go out and buy sky with all the channels except the premium stuff (movies, sports etc) for £21 and get 'free' broadband thrown in if they are in a sky LLU area. or pay an extra £5 and get 'upto' 8meg depending on line speed. or £10 for upto 16meg.

so that's £26 or £31. or pay virginmedia/ntl a whopping £35 for a 'upto' 10meg connection!!!