PDA

View Full Version : uninstalling ntl broadband completely

hardtarget
19-02-2007, 21:36
how do i uninstall ntl broadband from my pc completely?
i have a new virgin media broadband cd and would like to install that.

also when i install it will the process be the exact same as the ntl set up?

dev
19-02-2007, 21:53
if you're using ethernet you dont need to install anything.
if you're using usb, use ethernet :p:

Nikesh
19-02-2007, 21:55
Would definitely recommend you use ethernet if you're not already...

The Broadband CD is pretty pointless to be honest, you might as well just uninstall it and let Windows take care of installing the ethernet drivers...

hardtarget
19-02-2007, 22:00
but how do i uninstall the broadband software cd i already have installed?

Nikesh
19-02-2007, 22:02
Is it not in Add or Remove Programs...?

SnoopZ
19-02-2007, 22:06
You won't be able to get support for USB for customers joining after the 8th February 2007 and the new Ambit 255 modem doesn't even have a USB port.

You should be able to uninstall the existing software from add/remove programs list.

(NIC) Ethernet only interface support for new customers after the 8 February 2007. Customers connected prior to this date will still be eligible for support. USB support is not available to customers joining after 8 February 2007.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/motive/start.html

AntiSilence
20-02-2007, 07:05
The Broadband CD is pretty pointless to be honest, you might as well just uninstall it and let Windows take care of installing the ethernet drivers...

I found it totally useless from the moment I first got 128kb a few years ago. Back then I was using USB, but didn't actually install the contents of the CD. I used to go to Device Manager, do a driver update for the modem and let it search the CD. It used to find and install the drivers, and everything worked fine without all the rubbish on the CD. Correct Connect I seem to remember. But I've been using LAN for the past few years now.