PDA

View Full Version : OK.. so *I* Messed up and now the punishment starts

laptopsrd
17-02-2007, 20:48
OK.. Bear with me this is a longish one!

I have 4Mb Broadband with NTL down here in Basingstoke

So I made a mistake.. i missed a payment and got disconnected on thursday morning. I payed that day and got told OK. you'll be back with 24 hours. within an hour I had phone and TV. I was hoping to get internet back by Friday.

Friday night i called as still no internet. after 2 hours of being passed between Billing, tech (who told me i havent had internet since Nov 06 and no they have no MAC number they trf , then to sales for a new Pin, they moved me back to billing again and then got put back to tech and in the process of transfering me they disconnected me. I then called and went through to cancellations.. There a very helpful lady made a LOT of enquiries for me and did call me back to save me hanging on the phone anymore. She called back to say i would have reconnection within 4 hours and if not to call her back today.

Needless to say I wasnt connected, so called her back. she was VERY apologetic and chased tech/installs etc.she called back to say there was nothing further she could do.. that on Monday we should be reconnected again. they couldnt even offer me a dial up service. So I've had to use 56K emergency line we have through work.

I know I let the account fall into arrears but and i have no complaints abouth the disconnection. what annoys me is the time it takes to reconnect. Any one else had this experience?

To add insult to injury an NTL engineer called today to collect the set-top box. But as we are had arranged to have TV service till monday. I told him he wasnt having the box till monday or when we got Broadband back. this he was ok with! :D

Laptop

chamoan
18-02-2007, 20:36
The odd times we have slipped behind and forgot to get round to paying the bill and been cut off lol, but everything been back on within 30mins after paying in my experiences, so i think you just been a tad unlucky.

laptopsrd
19-02-2007, 08:44
LOL. it seems that EVERY time i have a change to my service I have a problem. I reckon my names on the file as a B*****d and to make life as awkward as possible :D and i've a*ALWAYS* been nice to CS, tech whoever i've been speaking to.

They tell me i'll be back on today. I'll believe that when i see it... time to look for an alternative to Cable i think. Seems a shame after 6 years!

laptopsrd
20-02-2007, 21:18
Ok final update.

After i'd posted yesterdays message a virgin media rep turned up on the doorstep asking for the settop box. My wife told him where to go as we'd agreed with the guy who called on Saturday that he'd collect on Tuesday afternoon if our BB was soted. He then threatened her with "we'll charge you £150 to collect it tomorrow" to which she told him not to bully her and shut the door. He then stood outside and told her "we'll honour what you agreed on Saturday" and went away. She called "nice lady" in Retentions who looked up our account only for her to say " Errr you arent scheduled to be disconnected/terminate your TV" so she's had to arrange to cancel that AGAIN. Nice lady finally got our broadband back on line after she spoke to "her techie" to sort it out. why it took that to sort it I dont know! Nice lady did say that they are currently hemoraging customers and hence why they are offering all these free and half price deals.

NTL/Virgin's organisation smacks very much of Right hand/left hand not even knowing they exist let alone know what they are doing.

Today I finally got Sky TV back (and all i'll say already is the pic quality is MILES better than anything i had on NTL. I'm now looking around for a decent BB package (dont like the look of sky's) and then i can be rid of VM.

NTLVictim
20-02-2007, 21:35
Someone else threatened over an STB, eh? Why are they so anxious to get them back anyway? Do they need to hold a door open as well?