PDA

View Full Version : Confused about network firewall

annsmi
17-02-2007, 16:32
Please can someone help me. I've recently installed MP3 Rocket Software for downloading MP3s etc. It seems to connect fine when I use my computer at my boyfriends house. At my house I have a different broadband supplier (NTL)and the software keeps on saying it cant connect because of a firewall. Now I've disabled windows XP firewall, my software's firewall (ntl netguard), and my router's firewall (netgear). I'm not aware of any other firewall but there must be one that's causing difficulties. Is there any way of finding out how to disable this unknown firewall? :(

Toto
17-02-2007, 16:39
You may need to do some port forwarding in your router. Look at the software help files, find out what ports the software uses for download traffic, and what delivery protocal (TCP and or UDP), then configure your router accordingly.

annsmi
21-02-2007, 11:59
Thanks, but I've tried that but something still seems to be blocking it. I've now tried bypassing the wireless router, but still no help. It must be something other than the router, ntl netguard (which is disabled) and windows XP which is configued to allow the port in question. Any other ideas?:confused: