PDA

View Full Version : Where's my Broadband!

Peed_off_Dave
15-02-2007, 08:25
I want to know if anybody else is having problems getting their Virgin Broadband successfully connected?

I contacted Virgin.net 3 and a half weeks ago and signed up for their Plan 3 Broadband, i had to wait 2 weeks to be activated (8th Feb) but still i cannot get onto the Internet; the ADSL light on the modem keeps flashing and i am getting no dial tone message when trying to connect. I've been on the phone to the sods everyday but all i get from Virgin Media is that BT are now looking into it but cannot give me a time when the problem will be resolved!

Now, i thought that all these checks should have been done within the 2 weeks prior to my activation and everything at the exchange would be hunky-dory, but it is not, and now i'm totally disillusioned by Virgin Media because they are not giving me a service that i paid for and have already ******ed me off as a new customer and have not made a good impression on me.

I've contacted Consumer Direct and they have said that if i cancel my broadband service then Virgin Media have to refund my 15 quid and have no rights to charge me the £50 cancellation fee as they have already broken the contract by not activating my broadband service on the activation date they agreed on.

I'm totally cheesed off and i'm going to give them until next Monday 19th Feb to get my broadband service up and running or i'm going to look elsewhere!

Regards

A fed up first time customer!

handyman
15-02-2007, 13:35
As an ex Broadband tech support team leader (for wannadoo working for the same co. that run tech for virgin) I? sympathise. The bt tests simply run a diagnostic check on the line to your property. If it is not working inside the property then there could be problems. Your router may also be buggered.

There is actually very little Virgin can do about the matter as they are only a reeseller of bt wholesale broadband. If there is not dsl light and they think the hardware is ok they will pass this back to bt and bt have 24-48 hours to sort things out. Normally they will pass it back to Virgin to retest to see if it is working which when it does not means when Virgin pass it back over they have another 24-48 hours again as they treat it as a new fault.

Peed_off_Dave
15-02-2007, 14:28
Well i've tried my brothers other Speedtouch modem (as he is already a Virgin broadband customer and only lives 5 minutes from me) and i still get the same thing; the ADSL light flashes and cannot find a dial tone on the adsl line. It has to be a problem at the exchange somewhere?

walfordking
15-02-2007, 14:36
well, I had no broardband for a month until I got a new computer. everything now is brill and i've no problems.

Peed_off_Dave
16-02-2007, 14:08
Well i still don't have my broadband up and running and its been a week now since my activation date. I've been looking around a few forums on the internet about the Thomson Speedtouch 330 Modem, and a number of people have said that this is whats causing problems with many internet connections, especially the error 680 which i am getting. One person stated that the PC cannot keep up with the power demand of the Speedtouch 330 and suggested that this USB modem should be ditched for a powered modem.

Has anybody else heard of the same thing?