PDA

View Full Version : Modem upgrade charge

phalanx
13-02-2007, 21:10
Sorry if this is a silly question but ive checked the new virgin website and a few forums and havnt found the answer yet. Basicaly ive been paying £30 odd a month for 10meg broadband since they upgraded the speeds ages ago but for one reason or another never got round to getting a seperate modem . Im hopeing to get a modem installed but was wondering if they still try to charge you £50 for the privalige.

Locky
13-02-2007, 21:19
Sorry if this is a silly question but ive checked the new virgin website and a few forums and havnt found the answer yet. Basicaly ive been paying £30 odd a month for 10meg broadband since they upgraded the speeds ages ago but for one reason or another never got round to getting a seperate modem . Im hopeing to get a modem installed but was wondering if they still try to charge you £50 for the privalige.

you will get a free hardware upgrade / exchange whatever (modem) if your current modem does not support your subscribed speed otherwise if u just want a new modem i am afraid you will have to pay (unless faulty)

phalanx
13-02-2007, 21:24
Thanks for the reply , im still getting broadband through the sammy stb. Just last time i looked they wanted to charge you for a separate modem but were going back a while there.

Locky
13-02-2007, 21:34
Thanks for the reply , im still getting broadband through the sammy stb. Just last time i looked they wanted to charge you for a separate modem but were going back a while there.

ahh well i am pretty sure any of the STBs dont support 10 meg u shud get a modem FREE of charge

phalanx
13-02-2007, 21:45
Yea the sammys only do up to 5 i think and to be honest i get pretty much the same speeds as i did when it was still only 3 . Ill give them a ring in the morning . Thanks again for your help

Locky
13-02-2007, 21:55
Yea the sammys only do up to 5 i think and to be honest i get pretty much the same speeds as i did when it was still only 3 . Ill give them a ring in the morning . Thanks again for your help

glad i can help good luck