PDA

View Full Version : Vigin Media - still the same "quality" service

Physci
12-02-2007, 16:45
A tale of woe being suffered by one if my work colleagues: (I should add that I'm on VM (Bromley) and been extremely fortunate to have not suffered service problems)

Pre-Christmas the interactive service ceased working (she is in London, W11) around the same time as she decided to "upgrade" to the 3 for £30 service. CS fixed a BB install date of 4 Jan 2007 and said that the interactive service for her STB was not working due to a "national fault" affecting her Pace STB but would be working in the first week of 2007. Christmas/New Year came and went and the engineer duly arrived on 4 Jan to install the BB (via a SACM). Boxes installed but because the "national fault" the SACM installation could not be completed [I'm assuming there was no return signal] and BB activated but that she should call CS in a few days to get an update.

My colleague has been calling CS at least once a week since then (and more frequently recently) but gets nowhere - she is passed from person to person and department to department with no one willing / prepared to deal with the problem - the usual excuse for passing her to someone else is that that as the issue affects TV and BB they can't deal with it. i.e. if she speaks to someone who has BB responsibility then they say that as TV is involved it needs a TV person to resolve and vice versa. She has written to CS but only received a "holding reply" but no contact and CS generally appear to have any idea what to do.

On Saturday she was passed between 6 people and got nowhere with CS not being willing to send out an engineer or confirm when the service would work - still no interactive TV or working SACM.

Today CS she was passed between 7 people whilst trying to arrange for an engineer to come out and take a look / replace the SACM and STB as necessary (CS could not tell whether there is still a "national fault" or whether an issue with her connection). Just after an engineer was apparently booked for this coming Saturday to deal with the TV, she was told that CS needed to confirm that the same engineer could deal with the SACM and that my colleague would be transferred to the BB team - during the transfer she was cut off.

No surprisingly my colleague is hopping mad and has completely lost it with VM - guess the next call will be to Sky!

Paul K
12-02-2007, 18:23
It never ceases to amaze me at how many people seem to think that RB and Virgin can just wave a magic wand and fix all of NTL/ TWs problems in one quick flash.
Can your colleague not sign up here and ask for assistance through the team?