PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connections.

djchapple
11-02-2007, 23:22
I am just about to joined Virgin Media (or whatever it is now called) and this is my first post. I have signed up for the £20 package of 2 MB Internet plus phone.

At present I have up to 8 Mb ADSL with a wireless router and two computers, the desktop wired and the laptop wireless.

I am not sure what type of cable modem I will receive and how I can share the connection with my two computers in the same manner as above.

Can anyone point me to the page where this information is displayed? I have looked but cannot find the information specific to my package.

Am I correct in assuming that I will get the "free" channels normally associated with the telephone line?

When installed will they put in a telephone point (say in the hall), a TV point (say in the living room) and an Internet point (say in the den)?

Many thanks for the help.

If this information is readily available on this forum I apologise for not having found it.

Nikesh
11-02-2007, 23:27
What model router do you have at the minute?

janipewter
11-02-2007, 23:45
If you're going from ADSL to Cable then you'll need to get a new router. A very popular router with members of this forum is the Linksys WRT54G.

Nikesh
11-02-2007, 23:46
A very popular router with members of this forum is the Linksys WRT54G.

I have this router and I definitely recommend it. :tu:

dcclanuk
11-02-2007, 23:52
I have this router and I definitely recommend it. :tu:

I just got this router today lol... its perfect so far!

easy to set up too!

but mine is the GS-UK model:)

djchapple
12-02-2007, 00:09
Unfortunately I have an DLink DSL-G604T adsl/modem router which, I believe, cannot be used simply as a router.

I will have to by a wireless router, one good choice is as suggested above.

djchapple
02-03-2007, 23:13
I now have the WRT64GL router.

Thanks