PDA

View Full Version : How to get signal in my room

Manuel25
09-02-2007, 11:47
Hello everybody. We have RF signal in my house, but I would like to get this signal in my room too. The problem is that my landlord does not allow me to put wires through the house, so I was wondering if someone could tell me if it could be possible to do it by some wireless device. I asked soomeone in a shop but he told me is ilegal to do it by some wireless device unless you would be able to convert the signal into AV, but I am afraid this is not possible in my case.

It is not possible to do it, would someone be so kind as to advise me with aerial should I buy to get good signal, and, if I should but a booster or not to improve the quality of the image,

thank you so much for your help.

Hugh
09-02-2007, 11:51
This thread might help
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=46028&highlight=digisender

Or just put digisender in search on the CF.

btw, it's not illegal - I send from our Sammy STB to a tv upstairs.

Manuel25
09-02-2007, 12:21
Thank you so much. My problem is that I do not have any cable box, it is just I want to get the channels that you can get with your normal aerial on your roof, I mean, from RF signal. Digisender is great but it is only work with AV signal, that's my problem. We have only one outlet on the ground floor and, because my landlord does not allow me to get the signal with wire and a booster from the ground floor to the floor where my room is (1st floor). therefore, I was wondering if you could do this with some wireless device.

If is not possible, if someone could tell me what model of aerial for my TV I could buy to get signal, and if it is necessary, what booster would you recommend me to get good reception. Thank you so much for your help.

videodj
09-02-2007, 13:05
You could try an indoor aerial, some have built i boosters and are not that expensive, I have one in the loft.

awibble
09-02-2007, 13:32
pop down to your local maplin... you can get wireless RF transmitters which is what you want.

Manuel25
09-02-2007, 14:59
What indoor aerial do you recommend, I mean, model and brand, I do not mind spending more money if I am going to get better quality of signal even if I have to buy the booster separately...In reference to the RF transmitter, it would be ideal but I do not know where could I get it......Thank you so much for all your help