PDA

View Full Version : O2 help needed!!

Graham F
02-02-2007, 11:43
I need the email address of someone high up in o2 can anyone help!!!

Hugh
02-02-2007, 12:03
Which department, and may I ask, what for?

Graham F
02-02-2007, 12:08
Which department, and may I ask, what for?

complaint and i want someone at a director level!!

Graham M
02-02-2007, 12:27
complaint and i want someone at a director level!!

Why do you need someone director level? Likelihood is they won't care anyway.

Hugh
02-02-2007, 12:28
I don't believe you will get that information - I used to work at O2 (when it was BT Cellnet) and all the directors have PA's you would have to get past first, and anyone who gave out a Director's mobile number without authorisation would be shot at dawn for a week.

Have you tried the normal process first - there is a guide here O2complaints (http://www.o2.co.uk/help/ifthingsgowrongyourguidetomakingacomplaint)

Here are what used to be the complaints numbers when I was there -
call 0113 3886159 if you have an o2 online account, or if you have a standard o2 contract try 0113 2722000 and ask for complaints dept.

Peter Erskine is the Chief Exec, so you could always try the Bath Road office in Slough, to see if they will put you through (doubtful, though), through 0113 2722000.

If you are not happy with their response, you have the option to contact Oftel, the telecoms watchdog, on 020 7634 8888. Oftel will expect that you have gone through the normal complaints procedure first.

Hope this helps.

Graham F
02-02-2007, 13:13
have spoken to people call centre managers and still no joy!! From experience if i get a director involved it will be sorted very quickly!!

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Ok to explain my problem with o2, yesterday they barred my line without any warning due to high unbilled, i then phoned them and said the bill isn't a problem and i am happy for it to come out by DD, the girl said she would raise my limit and take the barring off the line!! Great!!! I then this morning dig out my agreement with them and read this

5.4 We cannot set usage limits on your account and you will be liable for all Charges incurred by use of your Mobile Phone. We will monitor usage of the Service via your account for the purpose of controlling our credit risk and your exposure to fraudulent usage. If usage on your account gives us cause for concern we will attempt to contact you by text message or by calling your Mobile Phone. If we are unable to contact you we may have to restrict service on your Mobile Phone and/or we will have the right to bar your Mobile Phone. You will need to contact us before you can use any of the chargeable aspects of the Service. You may be required to make an interim payment before Service can be reinstated.

So off i trot and ring o2 to ask why i had no warning and to seek reassurance this wouldn't happen without warning again..... after talking to 7 people and been on the phone for 1 hour they said thta they couldn't guarentee that they would contact me before they bar in future, so I said to Mike (floor manager) 'what you are saying is that you can't guarentee that o2 wont break the agreement again?'

there was a long silence ....... so i then said in light of this if i want to cancel my contract can i? Quick answer this time No.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

TIA
Graham

just found this link which gives you email addresses of directors for lots of companies...
http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

andygrif
02-02-2007, 13:26
I think that the barring is put in place if they suspect that the phone might be being used fraudulently or they think you're not good for the credit.

If you'd had your phone nicked and the theif ran up and £200 bill before you notified them, you'd be grateful that they barred the line before it cost you more than that.

Saying that, I think it is appropriate to use some common sense, phone the customer, run through security checks to verify your identity and work out the reason for the abnormally high bill before just cutting you off.

handyman
02-02-2007, 13:29
try peter.erskine@o2.com

Or:

david.finch@02.com
rudolf.groeger@02.com
sohail.qadri@02.com
danuta.gray@o2.com
andrew.harely@o2.com
matthew.key@o2.com
richard.poston@o2.com
dave.williams@o2.com

Graham F
02-02-2007, 15:21
I think that the barring is put in place if they suspect that the phone might be being used fraudulently or they think you're not good for the credit.

If you'd had your phone nicked and the theif ran up and £200 bill before you notified them, you'd be grateful that they barred the line before it cost you more than that.

Saying that, I think it is appropriate to use some common sense, phone the customer, run through security checks to verify your identity and work out the reason for the abnormally high bill before just cutting you off.

i do understand the reasons why they barred the phone but the way they did it was both against their agreement with me and stupid, a quick call and all would of been sorted out!!

HM - thanks for that have mailed one of the people on the list!!

antwire
02-02-2007, 15:40
beat me to it hman

andygrif
02-02-2007, 16:50
i do understand the reasons why they barred the phone but the way they did it was both against their agreement with me and stupid, a quick call and all would of been sorted out!!

HM - thanks for that have mailed one of the people on the list!!

I agree, it's basic manners to contact you first, but it's sad to say that I wouldn't have expected O2 to deliver that kind of promise.

Just out of interest, could you post when/if you hear back from one of your email contacts?

Graham F
02-02-2007, 17:10
I agree, it's basic manners to contact you first, but it's sad to say that I wouldn't have expected O2 to deliver that kind of promise.

Just out of interest, could you post when/if you hear back from one of your email contacts?

Yep i sure will post back when i get a reply, I'm very confident i will get a reply ;)

Graham F
07-02-2007, 14:21
Still waiting for a reply, so i have just sent matthew a quick reminder ;)

Will post any reply i get!!

Graham F
12-02-2007, 14:26
well they have agreed to cancel my contract today and not charge me anything else, as they breached their agreement with me and can't guarantee they won't do it again. Orange here i come :)