PDA

View Full Version : how easy is it to move for a NTL area to a Telewest Area?

funkyCable
02-02-2007, 10:01
Hi I wanted to find out how easy it would be to move from a NTL area to a telewest area? I know they have joined but would this mean I sign a new contract? or get new equipment??

Any hints and tips from those who have moved would be great.

v0id
02-02-2007, 13:06
I shouldn't think it would matter after the 14th Feb, when it's all rebranded Virgin Media :/

King Of Fools
02-02-2007, 14:04
You will most likely need to have different equipment (that can even happen if you moved NTL to NTL) as there are 3 different systems used (Original-NTL, Ex-C&W, Ex-Telewest).

From 14th February it will be a Virgin to Virgin move, in any case.

You will probably have to sign a new 12 month contract but you should not have to pay off your current contract (if you are still in the first 12 months).

strawberrybina
02-02-2007, 14:07
if you move there is no new contract. you'll still need a tech to reconnect you and they'll make sure you have the right equipment. there will be no change to the process after the 8th, just the branding

Akia
02-02-2007, 17:16
Thats wrong if you do move you do have to agree to a new 12 month contract. I've also seen 6 month contacts but don't know how and when you would get one.

vbinsane
02-02-2007, 17:45
i called them as this concerned me as i am moving and i was advised there is no new contract and they will even move and install my services for free!

Atticus Finch
03-02-2007, 20:27
I can see the point that after Feb 14th all will be under the Virginmedia banner but

When I was at ntl - formerly CWC and someone moved from say London to Manchester - London used to be Videotron and Manchester used to be Nynex - Vid had account numberts that begun with 6 and Nynex had account numbers which begun with 4 - So it was a case of close down the account at one end and open with another account number at the other end

It was an inter company transfer

So it may not be as easy as it looks but just juggling with logistics