PDA

View Full Version : Requesting help re. installing NTL

velvetfr
29-01-2007, 17:00
Hi,

I have been trying during the last 3 weeks to get NTL installed where I moved, and simply cannot. The main problem is that the previous occupier at this address did not cancel his subscription with NTL.

In this circumstance, the NTL Customer service told me to send a proof of address to them by FAX (which I did if they would give me the correct FAX number, and they did give me 5 FAX numbers which are not at all FAX machines).

So last week I sent a recorded letter to their office at Hook, in Hampshire, and explained the problem to them with my proof of address enclosed with the letter. I asked in the letter to call me back as soon they will receive the letter, but did not do it, and I know they have received the letter (Royal Mail traced it and said it has been delivered). I took my phone, once again (that is perhaps now the 15th phone call I have made to them), and choose the option 5 used to complain. The guy who picked up told me that he will clear all this, and will call me back (but have not called me back yet).

So I would like to know if some NTL guys are listening on this forum, and who would like to help me, as I really would like to have TV/Phone and Internet quite quickly.

I know also that they offer a 30£ discount when ordering online, so I am wondering if NTL does not try to escape this dicount by delaying my problems after the 31st January (end of the discount period).

Best regards,
Emmanuel

Chris W
29-01-2007, 17:12
:welcome:

I can't understand why the fact that there is a subscription which has been left active at your house is such a problem.

Have you tried just ringing telesales, not mentioning the existing account, and just ordering a new installation?

It is perfectly possible to have more than one account at an address- we have 4 accounts here.

velvetfr
29-01-2007, 17:26
Chris,

I have tried to use their online order system and contacted their telesales directly without mentionning the previous subscription at this address. In the case of the online order, it seems that the system dropped them as a subscription has not been cancelled (or/and paid perhaps), and when calling the telesales department, they apparently also see this thing and forward me to another department which normally is in charge with such situations, to cancel the previous subscription (but the people always asked me to send a proof of address to a bogus FAX machine).

It seems also that they changed their customer ralation system, as the last person I got mentioned, and he was also a bit puzzled that their is no trace of my name in their logs.

Not really sure what to do, and it seems quite desesperate as all the telesales staff I contacted does manage my case the same way, without giving nice and accurate answers.

Best regards,
Emmanuel Poitier

Chris W
29-01-2007, 17:36
Strange. Perhaps they have changed the process since i worked there.

Anyhow, if you PM me your name and a contact number i will give these to our contact at ntl to sort this out for you.

lostandconfused
30-01-2007, 04:07
depends what area you are in with old icms and sabs accounts not sure about sms you could just put room1 at your adress and leave the old ones, but with icoms if there is an active account you cant have another account at that adress

Chris W
30-01-2007, 23:49
Our contact at ntl advises me now that everything is sorted and you have an installation date booked now velvetfr?

Let us know if everything runs smoothly :)