PDA

View Full Version : Help getting NTL installed

caradog posse
22-01-2007, 15:49
I have just moved into a flat and am trying to get cable installed. In the flat there is a black coax cable with CATV written on it coming in from somewhere (haven't traced it yet) and there was an NTL branded cable modem left there. Also the previous tenant tells me he had NTL installed.

When I enter my postcode into NTL's website it tells me congratulations I can get their services etc. and even lets me order the service online. However when I phone up and speak to sales they tell me I can't have it - that I'm in a non serviceable area.

The flat is a 10 minute walk from the centre of Cardiff and there are a few NTL looking green boxes in the street.

Does anyone have any suggestions for someone I can speak to or email that will let me know for definite if I can get cable?

Of course they could be right that I can't get it but I know someone who was told initially they couldn't get it only for NTL to change their mind afterwards.

TIA.

Halcyon
22-01-2007, 16:07
The online checker is often wrong.
If you have an NTL phoneline dial 150 and tell them the equipment is there already.
For sales: 0845 045 0020

caradog posse
22-01-2007, 16:25
Thats the catch, the online checker tells me I can have it but sales tell me I can't despite there being evidence of cable already being installed there!

Do NTL still have a call centre in Cardiff?