PDA

View Full Version : k800i on Vodaphone

Barewolf
12-01-2007, 13:44
Bought the Sony k800i yesterday got it home and its not working, gutted i have to take it back later.

I had to get it on Vodaphone network and guy said its the best network in UK, is it better than o2? I ALWAYS get a signal with o2 no matter where i am but i cant even turn on my phone to see if vodaphone is good or not.

Regards,

DocDutch
12-01-2007, 13:46
Barewolf, with the K800 you have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds then it comes up.

but I expect you've tried that already....also with the Voda version of it you have quite a few options that dont work on the phone (which I've heard of friends that have the k800 and compare it to mine on the O2 network network unlocked)

Nikesh
12-01-2007, 19:49
I've always been on Vodafone since I got a phone and always had signal everywhere. I can't say whether it's better than o2.

Stephen
13-01-2007, 01:24
Vodafones network coverage is the best in the UK as far as I am aware. The 6 years I was with them I never had a problem with signal.

superbiatch
13-01-2007, 01:29
The only place i ever had a problem with vodafone was Wales, but 02 offered me such a good deal i decided to go with them. I've never had a problem getting a signal anywhere since!

andygrif
13-01-2007, 10:32
Bought the Sony k800i yesterday got it home and its not working, gutted i have to take it back later.

I had to get it on Vodaphone network and guy said its the best network in UK, is it better than o2? I ALWAYS get a signal with o2 no matter where i am but i cant even turn on my phone to see if vodaphone is good or not.

Regards,

This whole thing about whether one network is better than another is largely false these days, as all the networks have majority coverage in the majority of areas. There are some areas where Vodafone are stronger than o2, likewise there are some where o2 are stronger than Vodafone.

For example, in our old house I couldn't get an o2 signal for love nor money for the entire 10 years I lived there, unless I put my phone on the window ledge on the landing! My best friend, on Voda, had full bars.

When we moved, I can walk around our new house with full strength on o2, the same friend on Voda can't get a decent signal in most of the house.

So it's swings and roundabouts, and you really can't say one network is better than the other - only that one network is better for you than another.

Damien
13-01-2007, 10:35
02 and Vodafone are quite close. Vodafone have a slight edge, but as andy above says. It doesnt really matter.

Lovely phone though. Hope you get it sorted

dragon
13-01-2007, 23:06
i'm on vodafone coverage is pretty good around the town, out in the countryside its a bit variable, sometimes my phone locks onto another networks signal (usally o2) and switches to emergency calls only.

Not sure what their 3G coverage is like these days i turned off 3G to get some extra batterylife since its to expensive to use for data so dont actually use the 3G on the phone.