PDA

View Full Version : installation outlet in house

skiv71
10-01-2007, 20:15
hi, i had ntl BB installed years ago and when they put it in, they fitted an unsightly, large, surface mount box. i had a look and its just got a galvanic isolator in it.

I'm going to move this (i'm an electrician) but i want to fit a flush type face plate (1 gang).

Is this what ntl now install?

Can i buy something similiar?

I've also enquired about having ntl digital installed.

Does this break off the same co-ax via a splitter or will it make a difference to to outlet plate?

Thanks

Neil

10-01-2007, 20:22
NTL still fit the large isolator cover inside the house unfortunatly... you can get round this fitting a 50mm deep single gang back box where the cable enters your property to compensate for the bend radius in the coax then run coax to the isolator which you can hide behind the tv then coax to the STB, it doesnt matter wether its Analogue or Digital as long as its in the circuit.

Paul K
10-01-2007, 20:47
I take it you are happy in the knowledge that tampering with NTL installation equipment may cause a large bill to head your way if anything goes wrong and you start causing issues on you local areas' network?

skiv71
10-01-2007, 23:45
i know what you're saying, i think i'll be ok. my friend is also a tech for them.

regarding the outlet... my house has large cavities, so i think i'll bring the external co-ax in, and stow the GI in the cavity and change my existing TV outlet to one of them dual TV/SAT with the single F type for the ntl cable.. should do the job nicely

thanks for the help

neil

BenMcr
11-01-2007, 01:09
I take it you are happy in the knowledge that tampering with NTL installation equipment may cause a large bill to head your way if anything goes wrong and you start causing issues on you local areas' network?

Although ntl are launching Quick Start installs soon (which telewest already do), which means that they basically post the equipment out to you including a couple of bits of coax, a splitter (if you go for b/band and tv) and a plastic spanner, along with the TV and/or Cable Modem of course