PDA

View Full Version : No telephone for approx 6 weeks.

Rob1975
05-01-2007, 14:08
I have been having a nightmare of a situation for approx 6 weeks and it does not seem to be getting any better. There are a lot of details but i shal try to condense them

1)Very bad Crackly Line
2)Engineer comes to diagnose - states cables is damaged and needs replacing as it is earthing
3)Contractors ask what the problem is a diagnose themselves saying engineer does not know what hes on about
4)contractor do not do a repull but 'tap' me into nect doors connection
5) the result is a crossed line with next door, no incoming calls, line getting progressivly more crackly
6)have to ring again
7)Original NTL engineer arrives, incredulous as to why the team didnt replace the cable. on the same day restores neighbours telephone, but leaves me with no connection
8) Contractors arrive and replace cable but leave without checking the line. I still have no dial tone. Neighbours has nowlost Cable TV
9)Call the help line, systems down can i call later? Called later, told another team would be along later in the day to finish the job. Rang again later that day, told i would have to arrange for another visit although i could wait to see if the other team would arrive. Was told a manager will ring back. This was Yesterday and still no call
10)still have no dial tone

I want this resolving as soon as possible, where can i get an official address to send a written complaint?
Is a written compliant the quickest way to resolve this?
How do i seek compensation
Can i PM spomeone here to get this resolved more quickly?

Please help

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

I just rang again, their computers are down again.

For complaints they gave me this address

NTL House
Bartley Wood Business park
Bartley Way
Hook
Hampshire
RG27 9UP

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct address?

Paul K
05-01-2007, 14:24
That is the main NTL head office I believe

MovedGoalPosts
05-01-2007, 15:01
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Sorry to hear of your problems. The CF Team does have some high level contacts within ntl who have proven good at cutting through the red tape on such issues. If you want us to get them involved please PM me some details : account number, accountholder name, address, the affected phone number, and alternate daytime contact phone number (a mobile?), and ideally an email address. These details will be kept confidential.

Nedkelly
05-01-2007, 17:16
Sorry to hear about your problems what you have said in your post i am sorry to say goes on most of the time .We attend the fault book it in for a repull after testing it .Then the contractor turns up and says its ok then books the job as being done and gets paid for it .then we turn up and found it has not been done. 2 contractors in our area have just been sacked for this .Iam surprised that the service tech did not get you a temp fix while you waited for the repull.I leave my mobile with customers and tell them to call me if the techs do not repull the cable this catches the contractors out .You want to ask for the installs manager to contact you as this is very bad customer service

sollp
05-01-2007, 17:19
I have come accross this before, Service Tech's refer jobs back like this for a re-pull, and i know myself some jobs i have referred back have been treated in a similar fashion by the Installers. How they come to the conclusion that the Service Tech, "dosen't know what they are doing" is beyond me as they are just a pulling crew with no test equipment trying to think for themselves, when all they should be doing is replacing the cable as per the work order and checking that it is working when finished.

Then of course the well oiled machine kicks into place when the customer has a problem!

Yes Ned that goes on alot across the country, along with other work practices.

MovedGoalPosts
08-01-2007, 00:20
Details have been received from the OP, and forwarded to our contacts. Let's see if they work their magic.

As for why this happens, if as Nedkelly says it's a common "shortcut" by contractors, One wonders why ntl:telewest don't put a bit of backbone into stopping it.

MovedGoalPosts
21-01-2007, 13:13
By way of update, I understand our contacts did get the problem resolved. Would be nice if the OP would return to the forum and confirm this ;)