PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of an upgrade on current NTL/Virgin offer?

TheOne
03-01-2007, 22:34
Hi

I was just wondering, if you stay on the current tariff (300txts and 300mins for £10) for about a year and then phone Virgin Media (the new name by then) would there be any possibility of getting an upgrade from them ?

Thanks

Hugh
03-01-2007, 23:32
If anyone knows the answer, could they give me the lottery numbers for next week at the same time. :D

TheOne
04-01-2007, 00:04
If anyone knows the answer, could they give me the lottery numbers for next week at the same time. :D

I find that very rude, if you dont have anything useful to say, then why bother posting a sarcastic comment like you did.

If the question is impossible to answer/predict then it would have been quite to say so, if you are able to do so

I asked the question because there are many people on this forum who have lots of experience/knowledge, so i thought they may be able to give some useful input unlike yours !!

Hugh
04-01-2007, 08:48
I find that very rude, if you dont have anything useful to say, then why bother posting a sarcastic comment like you did.

If the question is impossible to answer/predict then it would have been quite to say so, if you are able to do so

I asked the question because there are many people on this forum who have lots of experience/knowledge, so i thought they may be able to give some useful input unlike yours !!

If I offended you, I apologise (but there was a smiley after the comment to show I was joking :D ).

The point I was trying to make was that the offer has just come out, and I am sure, like most Telecom/Mobile companies, Virgin/NTL will wait to see what the take-up on the offer has been, has it made the requisite amount of profit, and what will they have to do to make it a worthwhile proposition - probably only then would they make a decision as to offer upgrades/discounts etc - so it is probably a bit early for that info to be available, so any comments would probably be based on speculation, rather than fact (which there is nothing wrong with, but it is rather premature (imho) to base future plans on speculation).

ps - if you are going to get offended every time someone makes a slightly sarcastic comment, you are probably on the wrong forum (imho).

TheOne
04-01-2007, 12:00
i wasnt offended, i just found it very unhelpful but thank you for your post its much appreciated

MovedGoalPosts
04-01-2007, 12:06
OK let's stop bickering please :)

I doubt very much that anyone including Virgin know what offers will need to be in place for markets in 12 months time. The whole telecoms industry is continually evolving to changind demands, competition and regulation.

ewan.paton
04-01-2007, 13:25
the fact is the phones they are offering are cheap end of line or low end models which probably cost them about £10 in total (1), so if they follow ntls retentions cutlure you can call them up bitch a little and they may send you a new cheap one depending upon your bill etc.

dont fool youself though, its probably only going to be worth doing if you have lost/broken the old one as it will be another basic model, i dont see them giving out nokia n93's and lg chocolates to people paying £10 a month with no contact

(1)dont get me wrong, i abslutly love the nokia 1112 i was sent, its the best phone ive ever had(2), it sends txts, makes calls and has days worth of battery life. i am not even a luddite, and i have access to some VERY high end cameras an excelent 40 gig mp3 player and a couple of laptops fo mobile email etc. finaly a small light phone for making calls on.

(2) and ive had some high end ones, my current works phone has a 600mhz processor 1gig of ram and 3.5 inch screen which constantly crashes, ffs its priced ove £500.

thanosp
04-10-2007, 21:30
Well time to bring up this post again. I am currently on the £10 offer of Virgin and was wondering if anyone did get any kind of upgrade (handset) from Virgin as their contracts complete the 12 month period.

Although I am bit pessimistic for any possible upgrades for the "£10 offer" users, is there anyone out there who can prove me the opposite? :D

raefil
05-10-2007, 20:33
Im sure that a phone call saying you want to cancel would encourage at least an upgraded phone from them.

bonzoe
11-10-2007, 18:48
I thought the £10 offer was for SIM only, am I mistaken?

Milliesdad
12-10-2007, 12:18
It is but during December last year they made the offer with a mobile, I forget the make, but it was a very basic phone. I got it for my wife then sent the phone back as faulty and had it replaced with a Motorola. I can't see VM wanting to upgrade that though as it is only a £10 a month contract and not really worth their while.

The phone was a Lobster 575

thanosp
13-10-2007, 21:51
I visited the local Virgin store and asked them about the matter. The guy told me that Virgin doesn't provide any handset upgrades for the £10 offer. Users are only eligible for discounts through the Red Rewards thing. Too bad.. :(

bikeman
16-12-2007, 12:01
Most of the handsets sold by carphonewarehouse are unlocked. I got my handset by buying a t-mobile phone and switching sims. Funny thing was it was £20 more for the virgin verison and it was unlocked anyway!

Sir Arthur
16-12-2007, 16:45
The welcome pack for the Cable customers' SIM offer does say that when you come to the end of the 12 months, they will happily offer you a free handset.

BenMcr
16-12-2007, 17:07
Unless you go for the SIM offer with a handset, its not a 12 month contract. Its a 30 Day rolling one

Sir Arthur
16-12-2007, 17:14
I understand that (where did I say the word "contract"?), but the literature still says that after 12 months they'll give you a handset.

Chorlton
22-02-2008, 12:50
I've been on the £10/300/300 package for at least twelve months. I was offered a phone at the start but they only had the pink lobsters left so I declined. My daughter spotted the alternative of £10/100/100 with a free phone and reckoned I should get a free phone and stay on my current package due to being a loyal customer (she's a teacher and always haggles when her contract is up - not virgin - and gets the phone she wants for free). I'll let you know if she has any success.

tweetypie/8
22-02-2008, 20:46

and me.:D

AndyCambs
23-02-2008, 21:03
and me.:D

and the winning numbers will be..............

kirk1690
27-02-2008, 20:20
am off to 3 , 300+300 sounds good, av been on it for over a year and always been over the limit, no willpower. new nokia 6500classic 1000texts 100minutes for twenty quid a month seems a much better deal , you do the math?