PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours Installation Problem

highroyds
18-12-2006, 16:19
I hope someone can help on this.

My neighbour had NTL TV and BB installed on the 14th November, now the engineers said that they had to split our feed into their house as there was a clockage in the street, but they would be back within 7 - 10 days as someone would be out to clear the blockage, then the installation would be finished and our out side box would be sealed back up.

Now we've only seen one person who came out after 2 - 3 weeks after we called the CS line and asked what was happening and explained everything. But both my neighbour and myself are still waiting for an engineer to come out to finish the installation.

See the photographs on how the engineers have left our box below.

If anyone would be abe to help with this as we keep getting dates for people to come out and never turn up, then get told someone would be telephoning us but no one ever does.

Cheers

Photos:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/highroyds/IMAG0002.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/highroyds/IMAG0003.jpg

Paul K
18-12-2006, 17:31
I would get back onto CS/ TS and ask for a supervisor as your install is no way near to being done properly. As it stands both lines are at risk as teh box is open to the elements.

highroyds
18-12-2006, 18:04
I would get back onto CS/ TS and ask for a supervisor as your install is no way near to being done properly. As it stands both lines are at risk as teh box is open to the elements.

We've been trying for the past 5 weeks to get it sorted out, but no one on the NTL CS will listen and when they do they say they've sent a form to the Techincal Manager who was supposed to call back, but all he's done is come out once and told us that someone was going to come out on the 17th December but no one turned up which I can understand as that was a sunday.

My neighbour phoned up today and after spending 30 minutes on the phone with CS he was told "what do you exspect me to do, I cant get down to you on a bus to fix it !!", but he replied "This just makes me feel like cancelling it all" so she replied with "OK, I can put you through to the cancellation department"

I just can't believe they're being like this at the moment.

hairy_mick
18-12-2006, 19:18
Hi what should happen is a construction should be booked if its not then you will never get it sorted m8.

highroyds
18-12-2006, 20:35
Hi what should happen is a construction should be booked if its not then you will never get it sorted m8.

Yeh thats whats supposed to happen, but it never does. All we can get out is either the Techincal Manager or an engineer. :(

Thats why I posted on here as the CS department cant seem to help after 10 - 20 calls

Nedkelly
18-12-2006, 20:45
If a tech has been called out he should report this as this should only be done as a temp fix .The installs manager should come out to get this sorted .One way of doing this is to say my nextdoor neighbour had ntl installed and the made a mess of my garden then they will have to send some one out .

highroyds
18-12-2006, 22:43
If a tech has been called out he should report this as this should only be done as a temp fix .The installs manager should come out to get this sorted .One way of doing this is to say my nextdoor neighbour had ntl installed and the made a mess of my garden then they will have to send some one out .

We've had the first installation guys who put a note to say it was a temp fix, and someone would be back out to clear the blockage, but after phone calls we got a Techincal Manager out who said it would be the 17th, but up till then my neighbour managed to get an engineer to come out. He just said theres a problem with your STB and replaced it. But when my neighbour told him its the outside box thats the problem he looked at it and started to pull at the cable from our box on the wall that its all connected to and said "sorry but cant do anything about that call Customer Support".

Now I've just had my neighbour round to tell me that he's just received an email informing him that he's going to get a bill for £34, when he signed up to the 2 for £20 package.

Its making him feel like cancelling it all even though he's only had it a month, but I can understand his fustration as we've never been treated like this before. :Yikes:

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

I hope P Davis from Leeds area is reading this as he's left us hanging around with an open box lol, with loads of phone calls and still no further in fixing it.

I don't suppose you can come back to our house and finish the job PLEASE ????

There was an guy from NTL who really put us through hell.
He turned up at half past four, then came knocking on my door.
Your neighbour has a blockage, so can we use your sock-age.
We just want to share your box, we will fill the hole with a pair of socks.
Someone will come back within 7 - 10 days, to clear the blockage all the ways.
We'll give your neighbour his own box, and take away my smell socks.
5 weeks on and nothings done, I feel like going and getting a gun.
I need a load to pay the bill, because I keep being passed from Joan to Will.

sollp
18-12-2006, 23:43
This install should not have gone ahead in the first place, another crap job by pathetic installers,(by the way i don't care if i insult any installers). Time and again i see rubbish jobs done by them, if there was a problem with the swept Tee then it definately shouldn't have been installed.

And yet again the people within NTL who should be responsible in sorting this out are just as rubbish!

Nedkelly
19-12-2006, 00:19
Well said i cant belive a tech came round and told the cust to ring up he should of passed it to his manager or like this area we ring the installs manager direct who is very good and gets things done .It is very poor customer service :td: :td: :td: :td:

highroyds
19-12-2006, 01:20
Well we're going to telephone up AGAIN and try and get it sorted out as we're wanting this sorting out before christmas. When you phone up NTL are quick in getting it installed and taking your money, but I'm surprised at them taking this amount of time to sort this problem out, but even a week for an engineer to come out is just unacceptable.

Thanks all for your comments and advice.

highroyds
28-12-2006, 12:25
Well its actually happened today, NTL engineers have been out and done a full installation at my neighbours house. first guy who came just put a brown box on the wall and said someone else would be out to connect a cable up to the wall from the street. We thought oh yeh like we've been told that before, well within 30 minutes or less the guys came out - it was the first guys who came out and left the cable to how it was put in the first place (see above pictures). We just made a joke saying "This is a funny 7 - 10 days when you said you'd be back". But of course they just laughed and got on with the job, dug up the garden and laid the cable down then connected it all.

Its taken 6 - 7 weeks, around £20 worth of phone calls, 3 - 4 different departments, 1 area manager, 1 technical manager, 3 engineers, 2 installation guys and 3 emails all to get NTL TV and Broadband to be installed in my neighbours house lol.:Yikes:

It'll take around 1 letter to try and get some money back.

I just hope after all this everything works !!

Thanks to all who helped in this matter and your advice.

Nikesh
28-12-2006, 15:23
Good to hear that ntl finally sorted the problem out. :)