PDA

View Full Version : NTL Ruin our Christmas

SpudHed
15-12-2006, 11:30
i signed up for ntl broadband and phone 2 weeks ago and was given an install date of 12th december between 12pm and 6pm and they didnt turn up, so i phoned them only to be told that the account number they had sent was no longer valid so my account "sort of didnt exist", unlike the 25 quid payment they took off me when i signed up, i was told that if i wanted an account i could pay them another 25 quid and they would install it on the 18th, the guy then said he would get someone who could sort it out, and i was put into a hold music loop which ran for 3 hours before i gave up, i went to the stand the next day and went mad, on getting home i got a phone call saying they would install on 29th december! despite the fact i had already cancelled my bt and broadband on the 12th to coincide with my install, so im now to be left with no phone or internet over christmas meaning im not going to be able to get in touch with my family over christmas, it almost makes me sick and it does make me very anrgy, id appeciate it if anyone here has a direct line to a manager as i cant get hold of one through the standard system without just getting dumped into a hold loop. also they said that the 29th was the best they could do, then howcome when my uncle signed up no more than 15 mins after i blew my top at the stand was given an install date of 20th december, despite having taken a lower package than me

handyman
15-12-2006, 11:39
Hi SpudHed, If you PM a member of the team here they will pass your details onto a very helpful (and pretty) member of ntl's staff who will look into this.

If the install system runs anything like when I worked there then you can scroll through available dates and slots and book into them. If there is a cancellation then the install department free up a slot and you would normally book the first available one at the time. There would not be time for pro active monitoring and bringing forward pre booked appointments though the installs department would sometimes do this.

PM Stuart C (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/private.php?do=newpm&u=161)

One thing to add is that this forum is not part of ntl, all but 1 of the current team do not work for ntl (and they are leaving this month).
They do however have first class channels into ntl's upper management with which they can escalate customers concerns and troubles. They have a very useful member of staff at their disposal that has the experience to rectify most issues.

Jules
15-12-2006, 12:01
I am amazed that you held on for 3 hours listening to the loop music!! lol

If you follow Handymans advice I am sure you will get this resolved.

Welcome to the forum :wavey:

punky
15-12-2006, 12:25
:welcome: to the forum :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles...

Paul K
15-12-2006, 12:28
What happened to the original money you paid for the install? Is that gone too?

punky
15-12-2006, 12:31
If you still haven't got a refund for the first 25 quid, then PM your details to the team and we can see what we can do with getting your money back.

Fingy
15-12-2006, 22:08
Hi SpudHed, If you PM a member of the team here they will pass your details onto a very helpful (and pretty) member of ntl's staff who will look into this.

If the install system runs anything like when I worked there then you can scroll through available dates and slots and book into them. If there is a cancellation then the install department free up a slot and you would normally book the first available one at the time. There would not be time for pro active monitoring and bringing forward pre booked appointments though the installs department would sometimes do this.

PM Stuart C (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/private.php?do=newpm&u=161)

One thing to add is that this forum is not part of ntl, all but 1 of the current team do not work for ntl (and they are leaving this month).
They do however have first class channels into ntl's upper management with which they can escalate customers concerns and troubles. They have a very useful member of staff at their disposal that has the experience to rectify most issues.

Very nice comments, but I think the person you are referring to doesn't deal with those any more.