PDA

View Full Version : Phone charges??

Ciaran
05-12-2006, 01:54
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone could help me? I plan to call my girlfriend who is currently in Dublin working, I live in Northern Ireland and I am on the 5p talk plan, just wondering how much it would be to call her to another landline? :erm:

Thanks!

bopdude
05-12-2006, 05:41
Not to be too rude or blunt ( it's early )
1) a few more details might help i.e. networks etc etc
2) 5p plan, does that not cover you ?
3) can't be up to much if you 'plan' on calling but need to see how much she's gonna cost ya :shrug:

Welcome :D

lostandconfused
05-12-2006, 09:56
if you add on the international call plan (£1.50 per month) a landline call to ireland will cost you 2p per min and a mobile 22p per minute, with a 6p connection charge, if you stay on your current package a landline will cost 10p per minute with a 6p connection charge, not 100% on mobile costs

the 5p talk plan will only cover local and national calls, so doesnt include ireland

1701-e
05-12-2006, 13:11
I think NI customers do have ROI as part of national call charges iirc.

Shaun
05-12-2006, 13:32
1ppm if you sign up with 1899.com (http://www.call1899.co.uk/mobilerates.php) and call their freephone number.

They just bill you by the min (with a 4p connection fee). Signup is free.

You'll not need to add the international package to your line either.

To find the best deals on international calls try here:

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/

HTH :D

Ciaran
05-12-2006, 14:08
UK Calls – National calls at local rates
Cost per minute (inc VAT). Call connection fee of 6p (inc VAT) applies.
Daytime
Monday – Friday 6am – 6pm
Evening
Monday – Friday before
6am and after 6pm
Weekend
All day Saturday and Sunday
Local Calls 3p 3p 3p
National Calls 3p 3p 3p
Note:
1. Local call area – defined in the telephone book.
2. National calls – outside local call areas.
3. Calls from Northern Ireland to the Irish Republic are classed as a National Call.
4. Bank holidays are charged at the prevailing rate for that day.
5. Charge band periods are accurate to plus or minus 1 minute.
6. Inclusive Talk Plan calls - redial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges (after which a 3p per minute charge will apply).

Got that from http://www.ntl.com/home/telephone/pdf/TelcoTariff.pdf so that must mean that it will be 5p per phone call exluding connction charge.

Shaun
05-12-2006, 16:17
That's for the 3p plan not the 5p. I'm not sure if the same T+C apply. :)

Ciaran
05-12-2006, 16:29
That's for the 3p plan not the 5p. I'm not sure if the same T+C apply. :)

Hmm, Just got myself switched from the 5p plan to talk unlimited.

Shaun
06-12-2006, 00:02
Oops.

You're going to get even more ripped off now than you were before mate.

There's a comparison of the available packages somewhere that I did I'll dig it out for you but basically talk unlimited (both) are really crap value. :(

lostandconfused
07-12-2006, 10:29
Oops.

You're going to get even more ripped off now than you were before mate.

There's a comparison of the available packages somewhere that I did I'll dig it out for you but basically talk unlimited (both) are really crap value. :(

i disagree i think that this could work out better value.

i didnt realised NI was covered as national, if thats the case the calls wont be charged with no connection charge for 5.50 per month, i dont think thats that bad really.

Shaun
07-12-2006, 12:42
Are we talking Talk unlimited (eve and we) or Talk unlimited 24?

What is your calling pattern?

The thread where I compared a few of the products on the market is here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=34142257&postcount=34) and as you can see TU eve and we is absolutely rubbish.

TU24 is slightly better if your calling pattern fits in with it but normally there are better products around.

Don't be fooled by the "free" word, you're getting as screwed on the TU packages as you were on the 5p plan.

In fact you were better off on the 5p plan than you are on the TU package if you ask me. :erm: