PDA

View Full Version : Switched phone back to BT.

weebod
30-11-2006, 16:38
Hi,

I was a cable telephone & broadband customer with Telewest. I recently switched my phone back to BT, so that I could then go to Talk Talk as I make a lot of international calls & Telewest couldn't offer me a good deal.

Since moving I have not been able to recieve any calls from friends & family who have Telewest service. They are told that the number they are trying to reach is no longer available. I still have my same number. I have taken it from BT, to Telewest, back to BT & now with Talk Talk, its never changed.

BT looked into this problem & could find no fault. Talk Talk have now looked into it for me & have come to the same conclusion. Telewest won't assist me as I no longer have a telephone account with them, only broadband.

Since everyone in the world can call me except Telewest customers, I am tending to think the problem lies with them. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Cheers,
weebod.

injuneer
30-11-2006, 16:46
Sounds like Telewest haven't ported the number back to BT.

weebod
30-11-2006, 18:45
^^^
Is that something Talk talk would be able to check for me? Or will I have to attempt to get the answer from Telewest?

King Of Fools
30-11-2006, 20:25
It sounds as though your friends and family should all be raising the issue with Telewest, rather than you, saying that they cannot call a number that can be called from a non-Telewest line.

Nedkelly
30-11-2006, 20:44
They will want to sed a tech out easy option :mad: Asthe others have said it sounds like it has not been ported over .Talk talf should talk to bt who will check it could be a bt fault or telewest fault Good look :tu:

weebod
30-11-2006, 22:41
It sounds as though your friends and family should all be raising the issue with Telewest, rather than you, saying that they cannot call a number that can be called from a non-Telewest line.

Yeah, I tried that. Telewest refused to help. They told my friend who raised the issue with them, that I had to raise the complaint, but then refuse to assist me as I no longer use them to provide my telephone service.

mmm
30-11-2006, 23:00
If you have tried to complain to BT, Telewest and Talktalk then you have no option but to go to Ofcom,- they do monitor the number porting scheme - but they'll take ages to investigate!

King Of Fools
01-12-2006, 09:43
Yeah, I tried that. Telewest refused to help. They told my friend who raised the issue with them, that I had to raise the complaint, but then refuse to assist me as I no longer use them to provide my telephone service.
It sounds as though your friend probably used too much information and confused the Telewest operator and Telewest were able to pass the buck.

If I rang up my telephone operator and said there was a number I needed to ring but could not ring from my line (even though it could be rung from another line), I would expect them to log it as a fault on my line and investigate it. I would not mention the fact that the number had been ported from that network to another on any other information.

If you got all your friends and family to log faults on their lines in this way then Telewest should be able to spot the pattern and fix the fault.

cplclanger
01-12-2006, 11:55
sounds like the number has not been ported properly back to bt. it is bt that you need to log the fault with as the number now belongs to them. number port department. they should get in touch with telewest and have the number ported correctly.
you can ask a relative to ring you using the full area code. sometimes this works and proves the telewest switch has not ported the number correctly

weebod
01-12-2006, 13:43
Thanks everyone for the replies. I now have a better knowledge of what I'm dealing with. I'm going back to Talk Talk to discuss the porting & take it from there.

cheers
weebod