PDA

View Full Version : No install

paulja
22-11-2006, 22:30
Hi I'm a new NTL customer (or soon new ex customer)

I was due to have NTL broadband installed yesterday. Despite waiting in all day, no installer turned up. I called at 6, and was told the installer was delayed and would be there by 6.30. At 7 I called and was told the installer might still be on his way give it another 30 mins. At 7.45 a manager called and admitted the installer hadn't completed any of his afternoon appointments. The manager appologised and said he would be doing the install at lunchtime today.

I phoned again at 2.30pm today, and was told an installer would be with me by 6.

At 5.30 I called and was told the install wouldn't happen today, but the installation manager would call me by 6 to explain everything.

At 7pm I was told the installation manager was on his way to see me. At 7.30 I was told the installation manager didn't have any idea what was going on, and the installation manager for my area was unavailable. I've now been told a new installation date will be arranged at another time.

Is this typical with NTL, I'm shocked I've wasted two days off work waiting for something to happen. At my last address I had wanadoo ADSL, there were no install problems (in fact they didn't even need to send an engineer out), it just worked.

Sorry for the rant.

Paul

UncleBooBoo
22-11-2006, 22:44
Yep this is "NORMAL" behavior of NTL!

grandmaster
22-11-2006, 22:51
Welcome to the site.

Sometimes it can be hit and miss with NTL..

I dont think i have ever had a problem with them at all.

I once had a late engineer but he phoned and said he would be so that was ok.

When he got here he was very polite and did a good job.

I hope you manage to get everyhing sorted..

Ryan

paulja
23-11-2006, 14:39
Well, NTL have just phoned to say an engineer will visit between 12 and 6 on saturday to do the install.

Somehow I don't think he'll turn up.

Paul

White Tiger
23-11-2006, 19:13
Of course if they turn up, & you're not in, they can bill you for it. Funny how it doesn't work both ways....

I'd take it as a message from on high, & scrap the whole process.

UncleBooBoo
23-11-2006, 22:16
Of course if they turn up, & you're not in, they can bill you for it. Funny how it doesn't work both ways....

I'd take it as a message from on high, & scrap the whole process.

Couldn't agree more! ;)

However he will not, he will continue with the install just like the rest of us and spend the next 12 months bitching about NTL and all the problems they have caused him! :D

Nedkelly
23-11-2006, 22:30
Book to many jobs not enough techs :mad:

colin1234
24-11-2006, 06:54
Don`t get me started
Run while you can

paulja
27-11-2006, 14:01
Well they actually turned up on saturday. Unfortunately they said the cable under my front garden has had it and will need to be dug up and replaced. This should happen in the next week.

Not really NTL's fault I guess. Shame the installer they sent couldn't do it though.

I'll stick with NTL for now, as the max ADSL speed I can get is 1mbs due to the distance my house is from the exchange.

Paul

abiola53
08-12-2006, 14:50
I signed the customer agreement form on 25th November. Nothing happened. No-one had scheduled an installation or anything.
I called a week later asking for n update & was told I had been ticked off as installed on the 27th. Since then I've had a number of people at the house, all claiming it's nothing to do with them and called customer services who keep promising to have someone call me back. No-one has called and I just want to get this resolved or cancelled.
Any ideas? I am completely frustrated.

milkshake_561
13-12-2006, 17:58
You could try a different installer couldn't you? I'm not too sure as I have never gone through anything quite as bad as the above posters. Different company nothing to do with NTL. It would cost I guess but if it gets the job done..................