PDA

View Full Version : free virgin mobile

gavin pullen
18-11-2006, 13:39
Hi just recived some mail from ntl/telewest says i can get a free virgin mobile 300 texts 300 minutes no contract for only £10 a month seems too good to be true what do you think ?

to get sorted call 0800 408 9342 quote FREE LOBSTER OFFER

i read the small print cant seeacatch so give it a try ;)

Jules
18-11-2006, 13:43
There are quite a few threads on the forum about this offer, a lot of people have signed up for it and there is no catch it is a genuine offer :)

kronas
18-11-2006, 14:54
There are quite a few threads on the forum about this offer, a lot of people have signed up for it and there is no catch it is a genuine offer :)

yep, i signed up the day it launched, it is indeed a superb offer, the unused minutes and texts rollover for one month!

zing_deleted
18-11-2006, 14:57
And the fone is totally pants but would make a nice paperweight or toy for a 5 year old ;)

deathball
18-11-2006, 16:13
Do you just get a sim card or do you actually get a free phone like a contract?

kronas
18-11-2006, 16:19
Do you just get a sim card or do you actually get a free phone like a contract?

you do get a phone if you use the offer code in the first post, but as has been said its not very good, if you want the sim only option then thats fine :)

Jules
18-11-2006, 20:12
Or you get nothing at all like me :erm: But that is another story lol

arcamalpha2004
19-11-2006, 11:24
Or you get nothing at all like me :erm: But that is another story lol

Whats another story jules? :)
Can you keep your existing number if you take up the offer? a sim that gives me them benefits for £10 month would do me dandy :)

Jules
19-11-2006, 12:41
Yes you can keep your number as well.

They wont let me have one :no:

kronas
19-11-2006, 15:17
Yes you can keep your number as well.

yep, just call your existing provider and request a PAC (port authorisation code) so you can give this to virgin and you can then have your existing number on to the new sim card!

They wont let me have one :no:

why not ? :confused:

Jules
19-11-2006, 15:35
They said I failed the credit check

Having said that I am not bothered now as I have join Vodafone family which is a great offer :)

arcamalpha2004
19-11-2006, 16:21
They said I failed the credit check

Having said that I am not bothered now as I have join Vodafone family which is a great offer :)

What is the vodaphone deal jules? :)

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

yep, just call your existing provider and request a PAC (port authorisation code) so you can give this to virgin and you can then have your existing number on to the new sim card!

why not ? :confused:

Thanks kronas :)

Does anyone have a link to a picture of the phone you get?

Jules
19-11-2006, 17:44
The deal is that for £5 a month I can list three mobile numbers that are also on Vodafone and all 4 of us can then ring each other any time day or night for free as long as the call does not last longer than a hour, so on ours there is me my partner and my son which leaves one number free if we want to add anyone.

For £7 a month you can have up to 6 people on the list, oh and by the way only one person pays the fee it is not per person :D

Try this link to have a look at the phone http://www.mobilegazette.com/lobster-575-06x07x06.htm

arcamalpha2004
20-11-2006, 11:37
The deal is that for £5 a month I can list three mobile numbers that are also on Vodafone and all 4 of us can then ring each other any time day or night for free as long as the call does not last longer than a hour, so on ours there is me my partner and my son which leaves one number free if we want to add anyone.

For £7 a month you can have up to 6 people on the list, oh and by the way only one person pays the fee it is not per person :D

Try this link to have a look at the phone http://www.mobilegazette.com/lobster-575-06x07x06.htm

Thanks for that jules ;)

ewan.paton
20-11-2006, 23:29
unfortunatly they have run out of lobsters, i have an older model lobster and while its great for being tiny, the interface is crap

APS
20-11-2006, 23:34
I called having received the letter and was told they will now give you a Nokia 1112, which is very basic. I see they are offering the Motorola V7 to new NTL customers. Does anyone know if/when they will offer better than Nokia to get existing NTL customers to sign up to Virgin Mobile on the £10/month tariff?

APS

Hector's House
26-11-2006, 05:44
I was really considering going for this offer but unfortunately the virgin's signal is almost nonexistant in my area

AndyCambs
26-11-2006, 11:45
I was really considering going for this offer but unfortunately the virgin's signal is almost nonexistant in my area

Strange - I'm in Peterborough, and currently have Orange network, and also have taken out the Virgin/NTL:Telewest offer, so I have the two phones on the go at the moment (pending a Port Code in case anyone wonders...).
I have absolutely no problems with the Virgin network in Peterborough area.
The only place I do find I have a problem is en route from London King's Cross to Peterborough - the signal is flaky just after Stevenage. Both Orange and Virgin have a signal loss just by Alconbury.

Although the contract is 12months, I believe I was told you could cancel after only three months. It's worth then trying it to see what the signal is in real life. It's certainly a good offer.

If you do take it out - check your account online that

Direct Debit has been set up correctly - I chased twice over this
The correct 300/300 tariff has been applied - they're prone to leaving it as the PAYG tariff for a start.The Lobster 575 phone is a bit naff. I paid the £20 to have my Orange phone unlocked, and will simply change the SIM cards over when the Port code has been given and actioned.

Rapid Dr3am
29-11-2006, 11:37
They just offered me a pebl in black for £29.99 extra one of payment.

Rapid Dr3am
06-12-2006, 12:41
I've just ordered the virgin mobile phone. I ordered the PEBL in black.

£29.99 and the phone cuts to a payg phone if you go over the free allotment.

Gona port my girlfriends orange number onto it and then with my natter account I can call her cheap. :)

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Hahahahaha I can't belive it, I've failed the credit check also.

Just spoke to Virgin about it, apparently I can pair it with my natter account to still get it, but apart from that I can go buy the phone for £129.99 I mean is it really worth it? It makes me laugh more considering I work for ntl:telewest. 8-)

richard45210
22-02-2007, 08:50
Hi,I just joined yesterday to have a Virgin sim card then to use my currant Nokia mobile with a new number.Sounds quite a good deal -300 mins/300 texts.I am looking forwrd to it..:)