PDA

View Full Version : 3 X-Series

bhoywonder1967
18-11-2006, 07:16
I'm surprise nobody has picked up on this yet.

3 X-Series (http://xseries.three.com/index.shtml)

Basically it launches on 1 December 2006 with two handsets, the Nokia N73 and Sony Ericsson W950i, more will be added in the coming weeks and months (can't tell you what they are though!)

The X-Series is a partnership between 3, Microsoft, Ebay, Google, Yahoo, Skype and a couple of others that will allow you to do the same things on your mobile that you can do at your PC.

The plan is to allow full broadband web access for a flat monthly fee, on top of your monthly subs and it won't break the bank (can't tell you how much either, sorry!).

The service that really interests me is "Orb" this lets you stream media files such as videos and pictures from your PC to your mobile.

This is just a snapshot of the new services, the rest can be found at the X-Series homepage.

CycoSymz
18-11-2006, 08:08
Sounds very interesting.

Robster
20-11-2006, 21:43
Its interesting that it includes Skype, meaning you can make calls from your mobile without paying whatever your network charges. Could have a major affect on the mobile industry.

Shame there's no information on pricing at the moment.

bhoywonder1967
20-11-2006, 22:55
Shame there's no information on pricing at the moment.

Trust me, it won't be all that expensive but I can't tell how much yet. Pricing will be revealed on 1st December.

Robster
01-12-2006, 12:52
Having a look at the Three website that's been updated today, the cheapest X Series plan is £35 a month which is not exactly a bargain.